Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just stumbled onto this accidentally. I Love discovering stuff like this!

The new iPaq is out and it can surf both phone internet (i.e.GPRS) and WIFI (ie. T-Mobile Hotspots at Starbucks etc.).

To service this phone, TODAY T-Mobile created an unlimited internet plan combining both.

THE AMAZING PART IS THAT THEY GIVE YOU A LOG-ON FOR HOTSPOTS (for your computer, for the same $19.99.

So, for what you were already paying.... you now get HOTSPOTS for free instead of $39.99 or $29.99 per month for only that service...... and your GPRS will continue working just as it did before.

The plans are called:

"TM Internet&HS" or
    "VPN TM Internet&HS"

(Even though they dont specifically say that that are both UNLIMITED data, I confirmed that they are and you can do the same.)

Best part... By this afternoon you will be able to log in at any airport or startbucks with your laptop... for not 1 penny more than you already pay for GPRS alone!

Act quickly.... I dont beleive that this one will last for long at all! (But with T-Mobile... if you get it.... they will ALWAYS honor the grandfathered plan.

I switched today... and spent the whole day working out of starbucks for free (since the AC in my office broke this morning)

HERE IS AN IMAGE OF THE SERVICES PAGE
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by WeeBitObsessed; 08/31/2004 at 08:24 AM.
  2.    #2  
    I, for one.... think this is AWESOME
    Hi WeeBit,

I went to the T-Mobile web site but could not find the new plan. I called customer service $19.99 for the unlimited GPRS, and another $19.99 for the WiFi so the 2 combined is $39.98, not $19.99 as you stated.

Are you sure it is supposed to be $19.99? Maybe you could confirm...

I was ready to switch if it were $19.99 for both (no brainer!).
    sounds like a new treo without wi-fi leaves you cold?
    You are the most awesome person on the face of this planet right this moment. I just called up and made the switch. Amazing. The price does not jump at all, the minutes do not decrease. BRILLIANT!

TheHandlessKing
    Just for the record, I called up and asked for the "TMobile Internet & HS" deal, the rep corrected me and said it was the TMobile Internet & Hot Spot" plan. And that there was no "catch"

TheHandlessKing
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Hi..I talked to tmobile customer service tonight and they have no knowledge of such a program at that rate..I mentioned both programs you wrote about...they just have a combo program with my-email for $43 a month...hmmm...maybe you could let us know more of what to ask for WeeBit!! thanks...
    That's really weird. I swear I just called up 15 minutes ago and added this plan. Make sure you reference the new iPaq
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    All right..thanks..i had to call again and ask for that exact plan...but they spent 5 minutes trying to find it..It's not common knowledge, so have them really research it or they won't find it!! Thanks again everyone!!
    Quote Originally Posted by owenbg
    All right..thanks..i had to call again and ask for that exact plan...but they spent 5 minutes trying to find it..It's not common knowledge, so have them really research it or they won't find it!! Thanks again everyone!!
    ARGH! I called again but they still could not find a $19.99 plan for GPRS+WIFI combined.
    WeeBit. How long did it take for them to activate your hotspot stuff? I can't seem to log in. And it's freakin' me out.
    Well I just got off the phone with cs at T-Mo. The nice lady searched all through I-Paq, all through Hot Spots, and all through plain old data plans. Nothing about this new combined plan for $19.99. Is someone who got it willing to share their phone # so a customer service person can look at their account to match the plan?
    Can new customers get in on this deal?
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHandlessKing
    WeeBit. How long did it take for them to activate your hotspot stuff? I can't seem to log in. And it's freakin' me out.
    I had to call them....

they set up a login with your phone number as user name and last four of SS number as password..

it can take as long as a day to activate... but if you call the hotspots number, you can have them give you a temporary ID if you want to log on immmediately for free..

-M
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli
    Well I just got off the phone with cs at T-Mo. The nice lady searched all through I-Paq, all through Hot Spots, and all through plain old data plans. Nothing about this new combined plan for $19.99. Is someone who got it willing to share their phone # so a customer service person can look at their account to match the plan?
    It may be VERY hard to find this plan.... its less than two days old (and may not last much longer) if you use the t-Mobile website and go to the "my plan and services" and select Treo600 as your phone you will see these internet plans as options that you can add.

ASK FOR TIER1 DATA.... they can help you.... .keep the faith..... the plan does exist!
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    <doing the HBO dance>.... yeah, I have been bugging T-Mobile service reps about this for a year! Hotspot and GPRS! It just makes sense. Now If I just lived above a Starbucks!!! I am checking into this today.
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeBitObsessed
    The plans are called:

"TM Internet&HS" or
    "VPN TM Internet&HS"
    GREAT FIND WeeBitObsessed!!!

I have found these options on the T-Mobile web site under "change my services" but which one should I select? What does the VPN one allow you to do that the non-VPN one doesn't? Hurry with an answer before they dis-appear!
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by TxDot
    GREAT FIND WeeBitObsessed!!!

I have found these options on the T-Mobile web site under "change my services" but which one should I select? What does the VPN one allow you to do that the non-VPN one doesn't? Hurry with an answer before they dis-appear!
    I USE VPN... apparently it does everything that Reguar Internet does... but can also go behid corporate firewalls... I never use that feature... but GPRS behaves just as it is supposed to... and the T-Mob data people say there is no downside...

For everyone else... here is an image of what the plan page looks like.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Just last week I dumped the $4.99 T-Zones, the $19.99 Hot-Spot, and the $19.99 Unlimited services and went with just the T-Zones Pro but after seeing this I changed to the VPN TM Internet&HS. So for $25 less per month I am set for GPRS and Wi-Fi from either my laptop or the T650 (hopefully).
    Your requested change was successful.
    I just hope the change goes smoothly.

Thanks WBO!!!
    If my Treo supported wi-fi (and if it wasn't CDMA), I'd be all over this. Instead, I'll just have to deal with a $10 Unlimited Vision plan.

If I had to begin a cellphone search today, I think that iPaq would probably out rank the Treo (then again it's nearly a year newer.
Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast