Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Talked to a rep and she agreed and took the unlimited hotspots and the additional charges of $19.99 off my bill. So far so good. But when I checked my account online, I saw that she added a new feature with "my email, unlimited internet, and hotspot" for $39.98. So I called back and the new rep would not delete the one line "unlimited hotspot for $19.99" and just leave the one line item from my original bill "VPN TN Internet&HS for $19.99". I then talked to a supervisor and argued quite a bit with her but without success. She said that when one line item (unlimited Internet&HS for $19.99) is added, the other one (unlimited HS) is automatically added for another $19.99. I had her take off whatever they added and I'm back now to unlimited Internet only for $19.99. Bummer!

This is false advertizing! I'd like to write a letter to them, i.e. CEO, upper management. Anybody has a good name/address?
    Well, I'm a little sad, but I've found out the truth about the mythical TM Internet & HS plan.

This explains why many a CS Rep thought that it really was just 19.99 a month for GPRS and HS:

The way plans are set up are this way: Let's say you have T-Mobile Unlimited Internet (GPRS) on your account, and you wanted to add Unlimited HS to your account. What happens, is that there is a conflict between those two individual plans when trying to add them on the same account. What T-Mobile does to get around the conflict is combine them into a single line plan, that splits into two charges when added.

Basically, when a CS Rep looks at the TM Internet & HS plan, it looks like it would be a single charge, however, when actually added to your account, it automatically splits into TWO charges (single plan, get it? One plan, two charges), one charge for TM Internet & HS (19.99) and one charge for HotSpot Unlimited (19.99).

Hopefully this helps.

TheHandlessKing
    Add another disappointment to the long list. I have to call them today and have them remove the HS. Definitely not something up to their usual quality.
    Wow. I haven't looked at this thread since it first posted and I have the single 19.99 charge for both services and they work fine no trouble. I migrated to the Unlimited & VPN from just plain unlimited. I am also on their big 5000 minute plan if that made a difference. So far so good however.

Derek
    Be careful computerfixitguy, it took a month and a half for the double billing to show up on my account. The CSR guy I spoke to yesterday couldn't figure out why it happened and agreed that we'd been cheated, but couldn't figure out how to adjust it.
    Same for me. I signed up a long time ago, and my most recent bill has the double charges. Online it used to say "My current optional services Internet with MyEmail & T-Mobile HotSpot $19.99", but now says "My current optional services Internet with MyEmail & T-Mobile HotSpot $39.98".

So I guess they have been running around manualy fixing this problem for the past months. But instead of notifying us that there is an error, they are being jerks and silently changing it.

Guess I will be on the phone with customer support again...

-Sim

NoisyGecko
    At least their customer support is still pleasant and as helpful as they can be under the circumstances. Maybe it's time to promote some of their helpful csr's to management!
    if it is too good to be truth, it will be too good to be truth.
    i just don't like them lying to us and saying "we have no knowledge of that"
    Then they change my plan and try and screw me.

Between Chumbo and Tmobile, i don't know who to kill first
    Quote Originally Posted by superfire
    if it is too good to be truth, it will be too good to be truth.
    They changed the data plan from 10 MB a month to unlimited without telling me till I just happened to call about something else. So I don't think this was "too good to be true."

I am assuming they wanted to give the plan to Ipaq owners to spur sales of that device and then realized that they can't restrict it to just Ipaq owners. Whatever the reasons it showed up, it isn't my fault, and I am pissed at Tmobile for how they handled it. It isn't like they don't have my phone number and email address to tell me about it...

I have been with Tmobile for a while, and put up with pretty bad data infrastructure and horrible SMS to email handling. And they didn't have good support of the Treo 180 in general. I have spent hours on the phone trying to talk to someone who knows something.

With my Treo 600 things have been better, but this HotSpot thing doesn't make me happy: I really hate calling customer support for any company, about anything.

-Sim

NoisyGecko
    Many of us are having problems getting credited for the month of september. None of us agreed to pay 39. I specifically called in and made sure it was 19.99 for the package before I asked them to switch me to it. T-Mobile was kind enough to switch me back to my original plan, but getting September fixed is more of a hassle.

I know quite a few people at T-Mobile corporate. Please let me know if you are having billing issues.
    Well, well well ... it finally came as many have already discovered .. the double bill!!

I am pissed and I won't go into all the reasons but it seems they are not constant on what they are using to double bill with. I just received my bill and it includes 2 charges (my last bill did not) this time they are billing me for:
    T-Mobile Unlmtd VPN VPN Access Megabytes Unlimited
    then ALSO
    VPN TM Internet & HS VPN Access Megabytes Unlimited

Now talk about redundant services even their legal dept must see this is cutting it close to the edge of credible! Oh yeah I signed up for 2 services that provide overlapping features.

I have not spoken to Customer Service yet .. stay tuned.
    Man am I pissed off.
    On the phone with a T-Mobile rep right now....asked her about the T-Mobile Unlimited Internet and Hotspots....she said she did show this plan was available and was switching me to this plan. I asked 3 times if the price was ONLY 19.99, and her answer each time was Yes....

We'll see how it goes....

*edit*

Immediately checked my account online, and even though she said 3 times that it was only one charge of $19.99, it showed up as $39.98. Not two charges of $19.99, but one for $39.98.

I called back and spoke with another rep who said she DID see the bundled plan for $19.99, but every time she tried to add it, it tacked on another $19.99....she connected me with a wireless rep to see if she could help. This rep was very nice and said they have had many people contacting them regarding this issue (probably all TreoCentral members! lol), and she apologized for the inconvenience. She explained that the bundled plan is $39.98 ($19.99 for each), but that it first showed up as TM Internet & HS because that was the name of the plan, and each one $19.99. Not together for one price....sounds like they are trying to cover their butts, but I guess it no longer works. Is anyone getting around this? Has anyone been able to keep the $19.99 for both?
    Last edited by OpenIntro; 10/14/2004 at 03:08 PM.
    I was just on the phone for 35 minutes with Tmobile. Basically they have a record of me changing my plan on Aug 31 to the 2 things at $19.99 and that is it. As with everyone else, it showed 1 plan at $19.99 for both items online. Now they have no record of that being changed or anything at all. So I gave up on talking logically with them and asked to have the plan put back the way it was and remove the charges for my last bill. After having to ask for a "supervisor" and yelling at him, he went offline for 10 minutes and then came back and said they would remove the prorated amount from my bill.

Well, I am fed up with this. I will be looking at other service providers. The reception sucks in my house anyway, and Tmobile has been plagued with all sorts of system problems with their internet service and with their SMS system. It really scares me that they can say on the phone or show on the website that you will be charged one thing and the silently change it. And then you spend 30 minutes correcting that.

I don't have a contract with Tmobile, and have been a an overly loyal customer for far too long.

So who is better in Atlanta, Cingular or AT&T? I know they are the merged, but I believe they still operate separately. Oh, I guess I really only have one GSM choice anyway...

(Oh, yeah, and the Tmobile hold-music was so painful to hear. Bad music played at low quality. Why do they have to have that stuff?)

-Sim

NoisyGecko
    I will end the confusion here. When the ipaq 6315 first came out, a plan was made (the iPaq Minutes, Mail, and More) specifically for it. They make that plan by adding a few extra things to the basic Get More plan and charging less for them. They had no way to do this without combining Internet and Hotspot under one charge. They then forgot to block out that option to just the normal Joe wanting extras for their account. It was supposed to be addable only by a CS rep when they were putting together the Ipaq package. Hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Brady
    I asked again today...and I definately am paying 19.99 for both GPRS and Hotspot use. It was a promo and I am a lucky winner.

Derek
    Derek

Treo 180 --> 270 --> 600 --> 650 --> 680 -- Pro ( )
    computerfixitguy,

You better keep a close watch at it if you have no contract stating that you have it as one charge only. T-Mo internal audit may check and adjust your billing, without informing you.
    i am about to buy the new hp ipaq ?6315?...would rather buy either the treo 600 or treo 650 (if it exists). i like the treo's better (mainly b/c of built-in keyboard -- ipaq has clip-on which is bulky).

question 1 -- is the treo 600 wi-fi capable? if not, can it be configured to be (by a non-techie)? what about the (rumored) 650? is wi-fi that much faster than cell networks?

question 2 -- same question for bluetooth (mainly for use of a blue-tooth headset)

question 3 -- has anyone seen a good comparison (user based, not marketing material) of the new ipaq and the current treo? any big negatives on the ipaq vs. the treo?

thanks for your help!
    I have been with TMO 8 years now and not once have they ever changed my plan. They have changed their policies before, but it never affected my plan. The CS rep told me not to ever change my internet service because I will never get it back again. Until I change something paying 19.99 for use of both GPRS and WiFi.

I used to have hundreds of phones with TMO with a company that I once owned and they never once changed a plan. The week this thread was posted, there was a promo correctly stated about 19.99 and I did call and talk to the wireless data group at TMO to get it put on my bill. The website wouldn't let me make the change. Since I have now payed 2 bills with the 19.99 charge stated, and a third come Monday I think I am safe.

As for comparing the iPaq to a Treo...its so large once you clip on a keyboard why bother! The last thing anyone wants is a bigger phone. Sure you can carry the keyboard in your pocket but that that point why not just get a bluetooth phone with a regular PDA. A Handspring Visor owner will tell you that.

Anyone who has owned a 270/300 and is now on a Treo 600 will tell you that the 'feel' of the phone is still there and improved vastly. It doesn't feel like a PDA. Jeff Hawkins gets this very very well. The 650 is a itteration that enhances the feel of a phone (the seperate hangup/disconnect buttons) and adds more PDA capability.

People who want more 'phone' should get the Samsung. People who want more PDA get the Treo. People who don't want or need phone just get PDA's. Once you go QWERTY for everyday use you can't go back very easily. It's just better.

My T600 is only 6 months old and I will buy a 650 the second they come out. It really won't do a whole lot more, but the 320x320 screen lets me play better games. I will buy it just for that. The 600 is great and everyone should have one.

Derek
    Quote Originally Posted by griff13
    i am about to buy the new hp ipaq ?6315?...would rather buy either the treo 600 or treo 650 (if it exists). i like the treo's better (mainly b/c of built-in keyboard -- ipaq has clip-on which is bulky).

question 1 -- is the treo 600 wi-fi capable? if not, can it be configured to be (by a non-techie)? what about the (rumored) 650? is wi-fi that much faster than cell networks?

question 2 -- same question for bluetooth (mainly for use of a blue-tooth headset)

question 3 -- has anyone seen a good comparison (user based, not marketing material) of the new ipaq and the current treo? any big negatives on the ipaq vs. the treo?

thanks for your help!
    1. Not WIFI capable
    2. No Bluetooth, Seen some posting with another add on h/w, not very successful
    3. I leave this to others, I have no experience on the new ipaq.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast