Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chungmike
    If TMo is going to charge 2x$19.99 for the Internet and HS, they would have surely noted it in the website by now. If they can change the ability to change options on the website, it's easy to clarify that the TM Internet and HS will be separate charges. I think it will stay as a packaged price.

BTW, is it possible to share one HS service account between two people?
    I kept trying to change my plan for the last three days to add the VPN TM Internet&HS but it kept charging me the extra $19.99 and I had no way to remove the current VPN T-Mobile Internet charged.

Finally, I called up the T-Mo and they advise me that those are really separate charges. The listed item on the screen is misleading as it makes you think that VPN TM Unlimited and HS are bundled into one entry charge altogether for $19.99 instead of 2x$19.99.
    i have added the plan and it is 1 line item charge for 19.99 (i have the vpn t-mo internet & hs and i can use my treo on the internet3 apn).

this is the big problem with t-mo.....the left hand does not know (or care) what the right hand is doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisinboston
    http://logsoft.com/chris/current.gif

I can no longer get to the options pages, just as others have reported. And now, I can't get my Mac online via Bluetooth anymore. Ugh.
    Okay, an update.

My GPRS stuff (T Zones) and bluetooth modem (I use an SE T610) are working again. My plan on the TMobile site still looks just like the link above. ...But I still can't get back to the options picking page.

/chris
    Thank you WeeBit!!! You Rule!!!

(I hope)

I called T-mo, talked to one rep who said that I would have to ADD the "VPN TM Internet&HS" to my current "Tmo Unlmtd VPN" at an additional cost of $19.99, bringing the total to $39.98. She said she had already checked with her manager about this. I told her I was busy and did not want to do anything right then.

I called back to another rep and told him to cancel my "Tmo Unlmtd VPN", which he did, then I added "VPN TM Internet&HS", which came to a total of $19.99.

Now I appear to have HotSpot access (I have a hotspot login, but have not tested it yet) and GPRS access for a total of $19.99/mo.. How cool is that! If only I lived next to a Starbucks, I could cancel my DSL at home!

Thanks Again, WeeBit!!!
    G

It works - I'm now logged in at my local Starbucks!
    Last edited by grahamhgreen; 09/02/2004 at 06:01 PM.
    Every pixel a picasso
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Well,
    I haven't called "customer service" but I did use the web self service tool to add
    "TM Internet& HS" and delete my standard internet plan. According to the final billing the plan is only 19.99 and the monthly billing total reflects a single 19.99 charge. This is reflected in both the "order summary" screen and the confirmation of changes page.

So if the "TM Internet & HS" optional service is really unlimited then the plan is really $19.99 a month.

Of course, I'll spend another 2-3 hours next month trying to explain it "customer service" so I'm not sure it was really a deal.
    Following this thread I changed to the combo plan on Tuesday and was told $19.99 like the rest of you. I tested it on Wednesday and it worked. I called back on Thursday to confirm it was on my account and the pricing. CSR very nervously told me I was all set to be charged $39.98 for the combination. I complained about the misinformation on the websites and with customer service. She did not offer to honor the plan at $19.99 so I switched back. They did give me a month free for my trouble. Call them back or expect a $40.00 bill at the end of your billing cycle.
    I'll tell you what I think is going on. It most likely is a glitch. However, they probably must honor it for those who have already switched to it. I'm thinking that the CSR's have been advised to tell those who call and ask about the total cost that its $40. This is to scare off those of us who want it or already have it. This makes it easier for them because YOU cancled it or didn't even opt-in. Think about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by skillllllz
    I'll tell you what I think is going on. It most likely is a glitch. However, they probably must honor it for those who have already switched to it. I'm thinking that the CSR's have been advised to tell those who call and ask about the total cost that its $40. This is to scare off those of us who want it or already have it. This makes it easier for them because YOU cancled it or didn't even opt-in. Think about it.
    I agree with this .. for 2 reasons.
    1. If I go to my T-mobile page .. the summary for "My Plan & Services" it still clearly reads 'TM Internet & HS**$19.99'. They have NOT changed it to 2 separate charges since as mentioned above that would be fraudulent and false advertising since they DO have to honor the advertised charges. Since I have screen grabs showing them clearly listed as 2 separate charges and also the one combined there can be no confusion from the consumer end - even if it was a mistake. It also clearly had the addition table that listed the new plan with a single $19.99 charge.

2. The change plan option is also still frozen which I suspect they have done to anyone who managed to successfully change their account. This will prompt the consumer to call TM and then they will try to scare the consumer into changing the account. Has anyone tried saying 'NO I demand to get the advertised and agreed to price and service' to them .. and warning them that we have enough people to start legal proceedings - seems to be the only time I ever get decent service in the US is by threatening legal action. Of course it is easier for them to honor the few who got through.

(I would be interested in hearing from people who have changed back to the older plan if their online account now lets them select plans again - and what is now listed as options - screengrabs please)

I for one am going to wait for the bill and if they charge more than is indicated on the website then they will get a nice letter with screen grabs sent to their legal dept.
    As much as I wanted this deal to be true, I don't seem to feel the same way many of you do.

Here's my take:

1) T-Mobile made a mistake in their web site listing. I have no reason whatsoever to believe it was a "deliberate mistake" designed to bait and switch people. The mistake only lasted a few days, how much could they make on the number of people who signed up to this mostly unanounced plan who also wouldn't notice they were actually being billed $40 instead of $20?

2) They found out about their mistake on the web pages, and corrected it. (Or mostly corrected it. Last night I couldn't even find the offering listed anymore, but from what I read here, apparently others can still see it).

3) They are NOT charging (or going to charge) people the extra $20 if they were able to sign up, but they are also NOT going to allow people to keep both services for $20 in the future.

I look at this as perfectly fair. I think the mistake on the web site is the same as a typo in the newspaper. I don't think this was some trick done to mess with customers, just a mistake. Or maybe it had to do with the new hardware release with WiFi built in (I forget which phone they just released that does this), and the marketing people were trying to come up with a deal, and one hand of T-Mobile just didn't understand what the other was doing.

Anyway, as I said above, as much as I wanted the "both for $20/mo" deal, I am not nearly as pissed, ready-to-sue, sure-they-did-this-deliberately, etc. as many of you seem to be.

my (unasked for) 2

Bill S
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    I called the Texas Attorney General and Better Business Bureau this moring and they indicated that I could file a complaint but legal action would require my suing them and for $19.99 it really isn't worth it. They also gave me the phone number for the BBB in the region where T-Mobile's US headquarters and suggested I call them. I did call them and they said I would have to file a written complaint which they would forward to T-Mobile. The phone number for the BBB is (206) 431-2222 and their web address is www.thebbb.org which is where you get the complaint form and instructions on how to file the complaint. I will be doing that this weekend.

I agree with tvBilly that T-Mobile was not deliberately trying to mislead us. They made an honest mistake and took steps to correct it as soon as they were notified about it (as near as I could tell). I think this whole snafu came about because of the new iPaq and it's ability to "seamlessly" roam from GPRS to Wi-Fi and back again.

The CSR did offer to make amends by giving me 1 free month of Hot Spot service. I think that they should have offered more like 6 months free service to the few people that managed to sign up for this. That would be less than $120 per person and would probably keep most people happy or least less mad. This is the primary reason I am going to file a complaint. I think they should be doing more than offering 1 month free service.

It is going to take a while to go through this process but I'll post back the results including any response I get from T-Mobile. I encourage everyone that signed up for the combined service to file a complaint since the more unhappy customers there are the more likely T-Mobile will be to make us happy.
    i also signed nup for this plan. I just checked online to add text messaging to my account. i am not able to. Seems like I am locked out as well. it is kind of funny that that is what they have to do since they made the mistake.
    But, Boy am I happy. what a great screw up
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    It is interesting that as soon as the CSR removed "VPN TM Internet & HS", I was able to make changes to my services via the web.
    Quote Originally Posted by TxDot
    It is interesting that as soon as the CSR removed "VPN TM Internet & HS", I was able to make changes to my services via the web.
    Well that confirms the tactic. I also received a SMS to offer '300 free messages for one month' and they supply the link to the change plans - which of course I am locked out from so I guess they figure I would call for that.

TxDot - Any chance you can screen grab the adjusted options they provide now for you if you select change plan.

Thanks and I do intent to take this up with the Better Business Bureau, Phone companies have no problem closing an account if we don't fulfill our side of the deal. They have to honor the plan and it can work against you also - I noticed on my AT&T long distance account a notice next to my international calling plan saying that it was no longer available and if I change it I won't get the same plan. What it didn't say is the new plan is CHEAPER than my current plan and of course no one has called to offer it since I am blindly paying more.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    There are two screen shots of the available options. One if I select the Treo 600 as my device and the second if I select the HP iPAQ h6315.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie
    Has anyone tried saying 'NO I demand to get the advertised and agreed to price and service' to them ..
    No, but I used the contact customer service button on their web site to inquire about my data and hotspots plan and have it in writing from a customer service rep that the charge is $19.99 total. If my bill says otherwise I will dispute it and include a copy of the email.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie
    Has anyone tried saying 'NO I demand to get the advertised and agreed to price and service' to them .. and warning them that we have enough people to start legal proceedings
    Yes I demanded but they wouldn't budge. Unfortunately I don't think we have enough people to do anything legally. Biggest reason I think this is that the lawyers won't touch it because it just isn't big enough.
    The CEO of Vodafone was quoted (my paraphrase) as saying: " Ok, so we got outbid by Cingular. No big deal, because it is two weak companies merging into one weak company."

Some could say he just had sour grapes, since he got outbid. I say take a look at this thread and you will see a company that has a larger vision than "rollover minutes". Not only that but the numbers say something too. Last qtr. Cingular/AT&T added approx 800,000 new customers. T-mob added 1.1 million. Go figure.
    I still have the service in my mytmobile page, and I'm actually posting this from Starbucks from my PB.

Also, in CA, the price that is advertised is the price you must adhere to when you attempt to buy the product/service. When I used to work in the *cough*mall*cough*, you could walk up and down the corridors and see all the shops that were fined for not selling the product/service as advertised. In fact, every store in CA must post at the cash register that they have to adhere to it. It's a little blue/yellow sign, makes for a fun read.

TheHandlessKing
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TheHandlessKing; 09/05/2004 at 01:23 AM.
    ok.....an update....not good.....

as much as i was opposed to acknowledging this, i verified with several reps that i was actually being charged for 39.98 not the 19.99.

just a little warning.
    I smite you with your 4 post count.

TheHandlessKing