Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    If TMo is going to charge 2x$19.99 for the Internet and HS, they would have surely noted it in the website by now. If they can change the ability to change options on the website, it's easy to clarify that the TM Internet and HS will be separate charges. I think it will stay as a packaged price.

BTW, is it possible to share one HS service account between two people?
    Million Dollar Bills, anyone?

<a href="http://www.millionbill.com">www.MillionBill.com</a>
    You guys are right! Last night after I called (read my previous post) I logged and and switched my services to the new GPRS + HS package. This morning I decide to log back in and see. My services are listed correctly with the new one and I can loging to hotspot account management, however like most of you say I cannot find the link to change services anymore.

Why would they do this and not just remove the options until they can get it fixed if that is the case?

The way I look at it is they better honor the few of us that did get in on the 19.99 price. If not I am going to be sooooo mad at them cause they should have watched what they were doing in the first place. This is EXACTLY what I wanted to pay for both services and I dont think they should switch anyone or bill more AFTER the fact. Well see.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chungmike
    BTW, is it possible to share one HS service account between two people?
    Probably if you are also sharing the same computer.

Since you have to login to use it they could probably prevent the second login if they want to. I would guess that from a legal perspective you would be restricted to one computer at any given time per account.
    Several people can use a HotSpot account but not at the same time (as I understand it)....
    Just got off the phone with the data side of T-Mo and they said the unlimited HS is 19.99 and you have to have the internet access to make it work. SO... 40 for the two... I even told them I was going to get the new Ipaq. Any suggestions.
    I just dialed the '611', choose to talk to a human('0'), and had the helpful lady switch me back to just unlimited data for $19.99. I could _not_ do this myself via the web pages, but once she did it, my account now shows me back to unlimtd-internet. I will likely be charged for 1 day of hotspot service (+/- $1).. ahh well... not worth the hassle of worrying about.
    OK here is my perspective on this. All I can comment on is my experience and so far nothing is misleading, and if they renege on what I was both told and see on the website then it is misrepresentation not misleading.

For one I was verbally told that both services were unlimited and totaled $19.95. No misunderstanding so far ...

Then I go and check on the website (this is yesterday) and it clearly had a small math equation that listed only one $19.95 charge and had a total no more than I am currently charged. Still no misunderstanding.

So after reading the posts this morning to see how other faired since I believe in sharing the love, I can confirm I also have the

"Coming soon
    Soon you'll be able to change your rate plan as well as add or change services online with My T-Mobile. Want to talk longer? Pick out a new plan with more minutes. Love to stay in touch? Customize your account online--another way T-Mobile lets you Get More®."

and cannot change anything online anymore. BUT I also have this on the page
    'My current optional services'
    WorldClass International Service**Free *
    Equipment Protection Service**$3.99 *
    TM Internet & HS**$19.99 *

So if TMO does go back on this I don't see any misunderstanding (I have the screen grabs) since it clearly states I am paying $19.95 and NOT 2x $19.95.

Let's see .. since they are obviously aware of the turmoil.
    And if you live in the state of California, legally the price advertised is the price they have to get you, or they get slapped with a big fine.

TheHandlessKing
    Anyone know if there's a similar plan for those with the standalone TMobile Unlimited Internet plan? ($29.99 for unlimited internet, no voice minutes)
    Okay, my experience with the I&HS switch:

I've been a longtime $19.95 internet user. I surf on my SE T610, and I use bluetooth to get my Mac online through the T610.

I called a CS rep, who confirmed the new option exists, but could find nothing about VPN related to the I&HS plan. She switched me over.

Later, I logged in the the TMobile website, found she had switched me to the "Hot Spot Unlimited Service" option, not one of the "TM Internet & HS" plans.

I unchecked and checked, so that my plan looks like this:
    http://logsoft.com/chris/options1.gif
    http://logsoft.com/chris/options2.gif

and the end result:

http://logsoft.com/chris/current.gif

I can no longer get to the options pages, just as others have reported. And now, I can't get my Mac online via Bluetooth anymore. Ugh.

Anybody know what all those other options mean? loyalty minutes? that sounds good...

/chris
    Quote Originally Posted by tvBilly
    TMo CS only knows about the $39.98 version, and told me the web pricing was a mistake. So I tried to change my plan (unlimited VPN) to the VPN+HS on the web, but there seems to be no way to remove the $19.99 unlimited VPN part. When I get to the page where I can accept the changes to my plan, it shows both the unlimited VPN and the VPN+HS plans, which total $39.98. Nothing that I tried will allow me to remove my current unlimited VPN plan.
    Unfortunately:
    • I just ran through the exact same scenario
    • I have had similar experiences in the past with confusing TMO’s plan packages and CS reps. not knowing what is going on
    for whatever it's worth...

i just called up t-mobile. i asked her to read my additional features to me and tell me how i'm being billed. she read off internet and t-zones seperately at $19.99 each. i asked to speak with tier 1 data as i believed it was an error. instead...she put me on hold for a few minutes...when she returned...she told me that they're itemized seperately in their system..but that the way i see it on the web (both for 19.99 total) will be reflected on my bill. so she says i'm getting both for a total of $19.99. i'll believe it when i see it.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisinboston
    Anybody know what all those other options mean? loyalty minutes? that sounds good...
    I was told that Loyalty Minutes were for folks that had been with T-Mobile for some amount of time. It was either 6 or 12 months. I don't remember which. The CSR didn't really explain it as it doesn't apply to me (at least on this number) but it does sound like it could be another nice feature.
    Loyalty Minutes are for people that have been with T-Mobile for 1 year.

TheHandlessKing
    I just went and looked at my account online and did the screenshot too. It shows net + HS for $19.99. They're not itemized separately.

I remember getting a call once telling me they were giving me 100 free loyalty minutes/month for the next 6 months. Beyond that I have no clue what they give us or how much until I check how many loyalty minutes they deducted on my monthly bill. I still love T-Mo.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  16.    #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmTheCrack
    for whatever it's worth...

i just called up t-mobile. i asked her to read my additional features to me and tell me how i'm being billed. she read off internet and t-zones seperately at $19.99 each. i asked to speak with tier 1 data as i believed it was an error. instead...she put me on hold for a few minutes...when she returned...she told me that they're itemized seperately in their system..but that the way i see it on the web (both for 19.99 total) will be reflected on my bill. so she says i'm getting both for a total of $19.99. i'll believe it when i see it.

JUST FOR THE RECORD.... I AM THE CRACK IS MY HERO!
    I just check my account online. I have the my service plan, insurance and the Tmobile internet &HS plan for $19.99
    Yeah
    no change
    A dumb question, but how do I do screen grabs??
    Well I switched from GPRS Unlimited to T-Mobile Data & Hotspots. Let's see what happens, but rep confirmed only $19.99 charge -- same as I was paying for just data. I then called back later and the lady in Hotspots customer service confirmed it was active on my account and walked me through setting it up on my laptop.
    Quote Originally Posted by gnaz01
    A dumb question, but how do I do screen grabs??

See the button up there on the right at the top that says prnt scrn? Press it. Depending on your keyboard, you may have to hold down the alt or function key with it. Then go to a photo editing app, and paste as new image. Ta da!