Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    I called CS and they found the plan without a problem!

Great tip and a great phone company!
    I am actually on the phone with them. We found it by logging into the TMobile site and looking at my account, and clicking the change service button, it is on there..!!!!! i did it...WEEEEEEEEEEEE
    Ditto! I couldn't get rid of my vpn service online, only add the vpn+hs. So I'm on the horn with csr now, and she's changing it. Good things take time, I guess. And 12 hours wasn't so much to wait, was it!

Now I need a trip so I can go to an airport with a Hotspot!
    When Treo 650 comes out, it'll be tough to go with Sprint now when T-Mobile have this awesome offer!

Any rumor on when T-Mobile will carry Treo 650???
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    Have had T-moblie for years... good news as there is a Starbucks around the corner form me and I meet clients there quite regularly!
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    Just made the switch online from Unlimted to internet and HS.
    Thanks for the lead!
    Quote Originally Posted by alohafriday
    .. He also mentioned that towards the end of September, I should look for further integration of text messaging into one of these packages to save a few more $s.
    That IS interesting .. hopefully unlimited SMS will be added for no extra charge. Hmmm

I agree this Site is awesome, great tip!
    Your requested change was successful.
    I just hope the change goes smoothly.

Thanks WBO!!!
    Well, I just called T-Mobile and verified that everything is still cool. I also just logged onto my HotSpot account. Everything looks kosher! Thanks so much again WeeBit!

TheHandlessKing
    Heres what happened with me:

I just called and talked to a CSR. I said, "I want to add the internet + hotspot package for the same price". After a minute he came back and said everything was done.

Before this I tried online but couldnt remove my GPRS 19.99 plan like most.

So I log back onto my account on tmobile and he just changed it from GPRS to HOTSPOT. What an ***** I thought but then I noticed I could now change the HOTSPOT plant to the TM Internet & HS. It said my changes would be pro-rated for the month (no big deal).

So just call CST tell them to change you to the HOTSPOT instead of GPRS and the you can change it online. My account now says TM Internet & HS 19.99 only and my predicted bill is the exact same as before. I will try GPRS and HOTSPOT tomorrow when I can get to borders.

How do you log in to HOTSPOT?

Hope this helps. Very easy!
    Quote Originally Posted by tvBilly
    TMo CS only knows about the $39.98 version, and told me the web pricing was a mistake. So I tried to change my plan (unlimited VPN) to the VPN+HS on the web, but there seems to be no way to remove the $19.99 unlimited VPN part. When I get to the page where I can accept the changes to my plan, it shows both the unlimited VPN and the VPN+HS plans, which total $39.98. Nothing that I tried will allow me to remove my current unlimited VPN plan.

Anyone else run into this?

Bill S
    I did. I currently have the 19.95 t-m unlimited. I logged in and went to "Change or add". I checked the 19.95 VPN+HS box and "continued", but it just added the new option to my current bill. I backed out and logged off. I'll probably have to call or visit a store, but the plan is there indeed when you log in and go to "Change or add".
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by AfroTreo
    Please move this entire thread to 'US GSM' discussion section!
    Done ....
    Hey gang,

This is what is on my page when I go to "change/add services", m I not looking at something right??

Coming soon
    Soon you'll be able to change your rate plan as well as add or change services online with My T-Mobile. Want to talk longer? Pick out a new plan with more minutes. Love to stay in touch? Customize your account online--another way T-Mobile lets you Get MoreŽ.
    Just call 611, it's easier in the long run anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by gnaz01
    Hey gang,

This is what is on my page when I go to "change/add services", m I not looking at something right??

Coming soon
    Soon you'll be able to change your rate plan as well as add or change services online with My T-Mobile. Want to talk longer? Pick out a new plan with more minutes. Love to stay in touch? Customize your account online--another way T-Mobile lets you Get MoreŽ.
    After making the change online yesterday, I called a CSR last night to confirm. He told me some not-so-great news: while the plan says $19.99, the rep claimed that we would actually be billed $39.98, or "$19.99 per service" in his words. The whole thing sounded like it had been carefully scripted. I think TMo might be trying to back their way out of this - I told him to be prepared for a large number of complaints about being mislead. Let's see what happens...
    That is exactly what happened to me yesterday. I worked my way through several levels of CSRs and supervisors, and they told me that "embedded" in their description of the plan was the information that each service cost $19.99, and that the two combined would still cost 39.98. The supervisor told me that this was a terribly misleading option on the website, and that he was sure that something would be done about it quickly. You gotta admit, when it was on the website, it listed it as a line item, but gave no description....
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Well my plan according to the T-Mobile web site still lists it as $19.99.

I also confirmed that my HotSpot account was activated by logging in at https://selfcare.hotspot.t-mobile.co...viewBalance.do using my 10 digit phone number as the user ID and the last 4 numbers of my SSN as the password. The Current Balance shows $0.00 with a Previous Billing Date of 9/1/2004 and Next Billing Date of 10/1/2004. What does all this prove? Maybe nothing but I hope that T-Mobile honors what we ordered in good faith based on information on their web site irregardless of whether it was a mistake or not. If they advertise it as $19.99 and we but it at that price they should honor it. I'm going to be one unhappy customer if they refuse to honor this. This could be the second slap in the face by T-Mobile in the last couple of weeks and it's just the kind of thing that will make me take my 5 telephone numbers to another carrier. I'm sure AT&T would love to get a bunch of T-Mobile customers so they had better be careful.
    Well I made the change on the website just now (it didn't prevent me from doing so), and there is no add'l info embedded anywhere (that I could find...) so if I get billed $40 they're going to get a big loud ***** slap from yours truly.

TM
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gnaz01
    Coming soon
    I have also been seeing this since yesterday after I changed my plan to get the new VPN TM Internet HS service and I'm no longer able to change services via the web. I wonder if T-Mobile has locked out those customers that selected one of the new plans until they get things straightened out.
    Hmm I get that same message now after changing my account this morning. SO either they have some kind of "once every 24 hours" limitation or we're shut out b/c we picked the "mistake" pricing...

TM