Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    What is this IPaq and are you saying it is better than the Treo650? By the way I just signed up for the "TM Internet&HS" option. Now I just need a smartphone. I am currently using the 6310i.
    What is the IPpaq model number? HP iPAQ h6315?
    Quote Originally Posted by BssinRVer
    What is this IPaq and are you saying it is better than the Treo650? By the way I just signed up for the "TM Internet&HS" option. Now I just need a smartphone. I am currently using the 6310i.
    It's the new iPAQ h6315, made especially for T-Mobile. It's "nice", but having only 64MB RAM, a slow CPU, and being a PocketPC...I'd rather not get it. I think the last poster was comparing the h6315 to the Treo 600, as if someone were shopping for a smartphone from T-Mo today, they would most surely choose the h6315 probably because of the dual-wireless and the other "fluffy" add-ons.
    Current setup: myTouch 4G Slide (main), hp Pre2 and Veer 4G (backups)
    Thanks Eeab220, I will wait on the Treo650 then.
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    Is up! I just called and signed up. Now I am really <doing the HBO dance>...

BTW, the new IPAQ is junk compared to an MDA II. MDA IIs are available in Europe or online, and the form factor is much nicer than an Ipaq. I am thinking of getting one as my TV remote control at home. When I am home, my Treo usually lives in a cradle (without ir's sim card, which is in a T610 or whatever new cell phone I am evaluating)

T-Mobile rocks!!! Verizon... doesn't. :-D
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    Thanks Wee!! Just brought up mytmobile account page and there it was! I switched from unlimited internet to VPN TM Internet&HS...
    I just spoke to a CS rep and she gave me a hard time. She explained that what's posted on the web is a glitch. She claims that the "TM Internet & HS" option is actually $39.98. I politely told her I wasn't interested for that price. Then she kept me on the line asking me to hold... she then explains that she filed a trouble ticket for the typo! Man, I'm gonna be upset is she messed up my chances. I chose the option on the web anyway. I hope all goes well.
    I still found nothing about the combined plan on the website, and the csr's are equally clueless.
    I also went to myTmobile page and made the update.
    You can change your options there including adding TM Internet & HS $19.99.
    I'm not a heavy using of Internet on my Treo 600, but it's worth testing out....plus I can bring my laptop to any TMo Hotspot!
    Million Dollar Bills, anyone?

<a href="http://www.millionbill.com">www.MillionBill.com</a>
    Last night I also checked my account online but saw no such plan. It must not be available (yet, or anymore) in all markets... but here's keeping my fingers crossed. $19.99 for both GPRS and WIFI would be awesome.
    i saw those the other day on the tmo site. i wasent quite sure if they were what i thought they were. now that i know, im signing up tonight!
    <a href="http://www.intarweb-master.blogspot.com"target="blank">My Blog</a>
    I just tried to log on to T-Mob's website. I'm getting error messages. So I called. The rep quoted 39.98 for the TM internet and HS. Said it was a glitch in the system.. so I declined. Hope the rest of you that got in for $20 get to keep that price...
    This rocks. I just went to the TMO site, logged into my account, selected the T600 as my phone and clicked on the "add services" button. It listed the Internet + HS for $19.99, I unchecked my Unlimiited Internet and checked the new Internet+HS option and updated my account.

My first attempt to log onto the site failed, some internal error, said to "Try again later." Hit the back-button, logged in again, and it all worked w/o any issues.

I don't have a laptop w/wifi right now, but when I do get one, I'll be set ;-)
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by skillllllz
    I just spoke to a CS rep and she gave me a hard time. She explained that what's posted on the web is a glitch. She claims that the "TM Internet & HS" option is actually $39.98. I politely told her I wasn't interested for that price. Then she kept me on the line asking me to hold... she then explains that she filed a trouble ticket for the typo! Man, I'm gonna be upset is she messed up my chances. I chose the option on the web anyway. I hope all goes well.
    HMMMMM

WE MAY BE SCREWED... while they confirmed it last night.... they are now saying it was a glitch....

that its really... $39.98 and that the internet and whatnot were errors.... if I were you guys... I'd sign up anyway and maybe the gradfathering will work... you never know.

I'm only concerned because my plan (and this is not displayed online) seems to have also gotten $19.99 Hotspots added to it.
    WeeBit for Prez!

Strange, I contacted T-mo and spoke with a data rep and he stated that his system has it for $39.98 (as previously stated). He said he couldn't give me the $19.99 price because he did not see it. I commented that I went online to my account and I see it as an option for $19.99 (as also previously stated). He requested the url of the 'Add or Change Services' page. He said he will call back as soon as he can determine whether the website is incorrect or his system. I haven't changed it due to Hot Spot is not really an important factor to me right now. I will update when I hear from him.

Quote Originally Posted by WeeBitObsessed
    I USE VPN... apparently it does everything that Reguar Internet does...
    WeeBit, you mentioned you use VPN, but if your jpg is your account information, it says 'TM Internet&HS', shouldn't it say 'VPN TM Internet&HS'? You mentioned that you really don't need VPN, but wanted to point it out.

Thanks again!
    I just found this plan. I had to "view all optional services" instead of just clicking on my phone.

I saw "TM Internet & HS" but there's no description of that plan. Are we sure it is unlimited? And do they give you instructions on how to setup your WIFI access?

I selected it but was unable to deselect my current unlimited GPRS access which is "T-Mobile Unlmtd" instead of "TM Internet".
    Finally got in to T-Mob's website. TM internet and HS (both "plain" and VPN) were still listed as 19.99. I switched and saved the page. We'll see if they honor the $19.99 rate....
    I contacted Tmo CS over the phone first and got the $39.98 rate quoted - no mention of $19.99. I politely declined and then checked the website. Sure enough, 19.99 TM Internet & HS. The only difference MAY be IMAP/POP3 server access. The CS rep mentioned that the $39.98 plan included "my email" access to IMAP/POP3 servers, so the TM Internet & HS for $19.99 may sacrifice that. Hopefully not!
    Following the early advice here I called T-Mo this morning and asked for the change. At first they said $39.98 and after asking them to check again, they found it and agreed to T-Mo VPN and HS Unlimited for $19.99. I'll have to wait for a bill to see if it worked....
    TMo CS only knows about the $39.98 version, and told me the web pricing was a mistake. So I tried to change my plan (unlimited VPN) to the VPN+HS on the web, but there seems to be no way to remove the $19.99 unlimited VPN part. When I get to the page where I can accept the changes to my plan, it shows both the unlimited VPN and the VPN+HS plans, which total $39.98. Nothing that I tried will allow me to remove my current unlimited VPN plan.

Anyone else run into this?

Bill S
    Last edited by tvBilly; 08/31/2004 at 12:21 PM. Reason: typo
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast