1.    #1  
    I saw an article a few days ago that the Cingular/AT&T transaction is being expedited and should be completed in a couple of months. My understanding is that Cingular will give up it's network in California and AT&T's network would survive. That's bad news for me and other folks along the Central California coast and in other areas of California as AT&T has poor service in our area, while Cingular's has improved dramatically in the past year. I am now able to use my Cingular T600 as my phone both at home and on the road, while my wife, who has AT&T service, has only spotty reception anwhere in the area.

Does anyone know about the changeover in California? Hopefully, my inderstanding is incorrect and the Cingular network would survive.
    the separation of T-mobile and Cingular in NYC market and Nevada/Californa will take place in 4 years, so Cingular will have sufficient time to develop their own network on ATT's equipment
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey