1.    #1  
    Does anyone have experience using their Treo 600 on T-Mobile in Mass. and NH? I'm particularly interested in how surfing the web is and if it's slow.
    There is Boston and suburbs. There is I-91 and I-93 south of Concord, NH. There is everything else. Keep in mind that there is no digital off I-91 in Western Mass and none in VT. There is no digital in NH north of Concord. You did not ask about Maine.

The issue is not T-Mobile but digital. You are lucky to have AMPS in areas so sparsely populated. Coverage is where the people are. Get used to it.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    There is Boston and suburbs. There is I-91 and I-93 south of Concord, NH. There is everything else. Keep in mind that there is no digital off I-91 in Western Mass and none in VT. There is no digital in NH north of Concord. You did not ask about Maine.

The issue is not T-Mobile but digital. You are lucky to have AMPS in areas so sparsely populated. Coverage is where the people are. Get used to it.
    I'm mainly interested in I-93 from Manchester, NH to Boston, MA. I also travel down the Everett Turnpike from Manchester, NH to Tyngsboro, MA.
    I-93, south of Concord to Boston and Everett Turnpike, Nashua to Boston are good.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I've had a Tmobile phone through work for a few months and have had comparable voice digital coverage to Verizon through my commute...NH route3 south to 495N to 93s. Also good heading west on route 113 to Pepperell.

I've been using my Treo on Tmobile for 2 days now. But have been reading alot here on the data speed comparisions. I ran a dsl speed test on a 100k file download and got 39kbps. Not bad for Tmobile from my reading. But Verizon/Sprint CDMA users tend to get closer to 100kbps.

So is browsing slow...sometimes. Some PDA optimized sites are ok. Some graphical intense screens are slow.....Smartraveler is ok. Where I noticed problems was trying to stream shoutcast streams from Treobits which where supposedly low bandwidth streams. It buffered alot...enough for me to stop listening.

Still working on email so can't comment on performance but so far it's been fine. Verichat for IM is also good. The only thing so far that lags a little is browsing and streaming music.
    Been vacationing in Portsmouth NH and have been down to Boston and up as far as Kennebunkport all this week. Reception in general is fine up I-95, but venture off and it can be hit or miss. I dropped a couple of calls in Kittery with no signal strength. In Kenebunkport signal was also very week and surfing was really slow.

Hope that helps some.

Skigs