1.    #1  
    Hello all, this is my first post. woohoo!

I was wondering if anyone knows about the T-mobile service quality on route 80 from New York to California. I am driving to CA this thursday and will have my treo 600 for news, email, etc...but not sure what to expect with GSM reception out there in the "boonies"......

Paul
    I made the drive from Washington DC to California in June. I am on ATTWS however. Everything was pretty good for the most part except in Wyoming and parts of Colorado as I remember...
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  3.    #3  
    Thanks scotty..

are you on t-mobile using a treo600? if so, did you incur any wireless roaming charges along the way? i looked at t-mobile's coverage map and it seems that most of route 80 is covered, but the map of course is approximate...
    No, I'm on AT&T Wireless. I roamed over to T-mobile at some stage (perhaps it was in Wyoming or Colorado, can't remember)...actually don't remember looking at the bill after the trip, but I have free long distance and free roaming so it wouldn't really have mattered

5.    #5  
    cool. thanks man......
    Bulls and Bears make money....greedy pigs don't.
    No sweat. Make sure to check out the world's largest truckstop in Walcott, Iowa

I have a T600 with T-Mo service. I drove I-80 from Wilkes Barre PA to Youngstown, OH a few weeks ago. About halfway across PA (heading west) you roam on AT&T which means no data, no email and no web.

I actually did a 7500 mile cross country trip, west from CT through the middle of the country, and east through the south.

I found that in most of the country I had data service, either through T-Mo, Cingular or one of the "numerical" services that showed up on the top of the phone, like 206-235 or whatever it might have said.

It seems that there are a few GSM providers that do not allow T-Mo users to have data, especially AT&T anywhere and Immix in Pennsylvania.