1.    #1  
    I have a T600 on TMo network with free unlimited WAP access. I don't have Tzones or unlimited internet access.
    I was able to connect to WAP sites until yesterday morning. I can't access WAP sites any more. I called TMo this afternoon, and the customer service rep. assured me that my account has free WAP access, and no change has been made to my account to disable WAP access.
    Has anyone experienced the same problem? Any help from members will be highly appreciated.
  2.    #2  
    If I subscribe to Tzones, will I get my WAP access back?
    I'm having the same problem, which started at about the same time.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    After doing some searching at howardforums, it looks like T-Mobile has shut down the free WAP access as of 7/29 (although a couple of people report they still get service from free WAP).

So, I just signed up for unlimited t-zones for $4.99/mo. Hopefully, that will solve the problem.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  5.    #5  
    Heberman,
    Please report back if T-zones solved your problem. If so, I'll sign up too.
    Yep, signing up for the $4.99 t-zones plan got me back up and running. It took about an hour after my order for the gprs to get up and running. Like with my prior WAP plan, email and basic internet work fine. Shoutcast (and I assume secure websites) still don't work on this plan. While it isn't free like before, $4.99/mo is a good deal and I am happy.
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    Yep, signing up for the $4.99 t-zones plan got me back up and running. It took about an hour after my order for the gprs to get up and running. Like with my prior WAP plan, email and basic internet work fine. Shoutcast (and I assume secure websites) still don't work on this plan. While it isn't free like before, $4.99/mo is a good deal and I am happy.
    I signed up as well - I still think it's a great deal. Also, I *am* getting access to secure sites now. I read somewhere on howardforums that tmobile opened up several more ports on the 4.99 plan since they dumped the free WAP. I can personally confirm using 443 (for SSL sites) and 22 (for SSH), whereas before I could not use either.
    Roger that. They're now getting my $5, too. And I am getting access to Shoutcase stuff now as well; wasn't before!

BTW, I never configured my browser or any of my stuff for any sort of proxy. Is that odd?
    So the 4.99 tzone plan works fine? Back to my search for the Treo 600 GSM! Thanks guys
    I called t-Mobile after adding T-Zones to my account didn't get me up and running their data support people said with the Treo, you must have the full T-Mobile Internet plan with the treo. Once they added this I was working.

Do you think I can cancel this and go back to t-zones by itself?
    Jake Pratt
    www.jakepratt.com
    Here's what has worked for me:

First, I was on the $19.99/mo plan for unlimited internet access. It worked fine (but a little spotty on certain days).

Next, after reading people's posts on access under free WAP, I just deleted my unlimited internet plan. I could still connect fine with the free WAP, except for secure sites and Shoutcast stations.

Last weekend, my data didn't work at all. Howardforums posts explain that t-zones would work for people who lost WAp data access, so I signed up for the $4.99 plan on the internet (I didn't talk to a CSR). Now, email and web services work fine. After reading mportune and buck's posts above, I tested my secure bank website and a shoutcast station - they work too!

Jake, I don't know if yours will work or not. I just know mine works fine now.
    Is there any benefit to the Pro version vs the standard version of T-zones. The pro claims that it will retrive corporate email - which would be nice - But my suspicion is that this will only hold true for phones that are "t-zone compatablie" Any thoughts?
    I'm in Atlanta and my free WAP was working until yesterday. It worked once today, but other than that I can no longer get it to connect. Wonder if it is still working for anyone?
    if you're NY, it may be the tower that went down 27hrs ago. rep told me it affected TZones...should be up around 5am tonight...
    I spoke with a Tmobile rep and he says that there is a technical problem. Furthermore I was offered 50 free minutes for the "inconvenience"
    Quote Originally Posted by avidal
    Is there any benefit to the Pro version vs the standard version of T-zones. The pro claims that it will retrive corporate email - which would be nice - But my suspicion is that this will only hold true for phones that are "t-zone compatablie" Any thoughts?
    Pro unblocks ports so that IMAP mail servers can be accessed. That's about it. Although if you use the word "IMAP" when on the phone with a T-Mo rep, their eyes glaze over and a seizure ensues

;-)

I have the Pro version. Recently shortcast stations on any port other than 80 have become blocked. I have a personal web server running on my DSL line running on a strange port number and it now appears to be inaccessable on my Treo.

I'm starting to get pissed off with T-Mo's screwing with their data services. They're acting like crack dealers. They give stuff away and then take it away so that you'll buy the upgrade to the next level of service.

I wish someone would build a shoutcast proxy server to translate all shoutcast stations to port 80 and screw T-Mo!
    Last edited by duoart; 08/23/2004 at 02:37 PM.