Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi, I know this is an old subject, but I couldn't find anything recent and relevant in the forums. I have a Treo 270, and am using Tmo's free GPRS service (wap.voicestream.com). I can get the service I set up in prefs->network to connect fine (and have the little triangle with antenna icon), but I cannot do anything else.

I tried using proxy-less browsers like Eudora and W@P Universe, Blazer with a free proxy, and mail programs, but cannot seem to connect to anything.

Anyone know why?

Thanks for any help

Rich
    according to usenet and howardforums reports, this ride is over.

t-mo clamped down.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the info, Felipe... It weird they are still letting me connect to GPRS at all then...
    There are two flavors of GPRS that T-Mobile provide - these are known as DataSOCs at their end.
    The WAP datasoc has a limited IP range it will allow you to access. This is the simple WAP portal for T-zones
    If you want the real unrestricted IP access to the net, you pay for connection to the other datasoc.

In short, you are hooked into a firewalled/blinkered area of the Net.
    I'm on T-zones pro and have access to all ports and unlimited data. No reason to pay $19.99 if you're a treo owner.
  6.    #6  
    is the speed of tzones pro the same as the $20/mo plan? Whats the differ between the $5 tzones plan and the $10 "pro" plan you are on?

Rich
    The T-Mobile website says the $10 Tzones plan gives you access to corporate email, whatever that means. My $5 gives me access to pop mail, basic websites, secure websites, and (slow) shoutcast.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Hey Spidey (heberman)-

I'm in the process of switching to t-zones. Are you still using wap.voicestream.com as your APN to connect or did you have to add a username and password?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    The T-Mobile website says the $10 Tzones plan gives you access to corporate email, whatever that means. My $5 gives me access to pop mail, basic websites, secure websites, and (slow) shoutcast.
    I could not access secure sites until I upgraded to the $19.99 data plan. Are you sure you can access secure sites with just t-zones pro? If you are really doing this I'll cancel the higher plan.
    Treo 600 on T-Mobile since March 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckybacker
    Hey Spidey (heberman)-

I'm in the process of switching to t-zones. Are you still using wap.voicestream.com as your APN to connect or did you have to add a username and password?

Thanks
    I didn't change anything on my set-up. Under Network, it just says T-zones. Also, I'm not using any proxy. It just works.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Quote Originally Posted by dbaldon
    I could not access secure sites until I upgraded to the $19.99 data plan. Are you sure you can access secure sites with just t-zones pro? If you are really doing this I'll cancel the higher plan.
    My secure bank site works for me now. It didn't under the free WAP. I'm not sure if it works for everyone though.
    Pro un-blocks ports so that IMAP mail can be used. Of course the T-Mo rep on the phone had no idea what IMAP was. I had the $5 plan and switched when I could not get to our corporate IMAP server.
    I didn't change anything on my set-up. Under Network, it just says T-zones. Also, I'm not using any proxy. It just works.

mine worked until today. i had "t-zones" under network preference, and was not signed up for anything other than voice. today, no internet access.
    back to the original topic of this thread...Free wap is over in NYC (well, at least for me). I can sign in through the APN but doesn't seem to get anywhere afterwards. No email, no browsing or anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordPhong
    back to the original topic of this thread...Free wap is over in NYC (well, at least for me). I can sign in through the APN but doesn't seem to get anywhere afterwards. No email, no browsing or anything else.
    That's exactly the symtpoms that I and others had when our free WAP was taken away. Looks like your free ride is also over.
    Looks like free wap is also over in Nashville... oh well. I just called and signed up for the $4.99 tzones... been waiting 4 hours so far.
    Still waiting.
    I was enjoying my free WAP till two days ago. Now, I do get the GPRS green arrows but I can't connect to email, web, IM, or anything else internet From what I read above, it seems that my free ride is over (in Boston).

I called T-mob and added the $4.99 T-zones feature on my plan... but still nothing.

I can't imagine living without internet on my Treo (nor I can picture myself paying $20/month for it).

Why can't I get anything with the $4.99 t-zones ? Anything else I should try?

Please help!
    Free ride is over, looks like I will be getting the $4.99 T-Zones on my plan but which version can I use Verichat? I only see a $4.99 and a $9.99 T-Zones plan....of which I cannot sign up for from the website...Do you just call 611? I am on the family plan.

Rippey
    Last edited by mrrippey; 08/15/2004 at 06:38 PM. Reason: needed to add more information
    Rippey
    Treo 600 on T-Mobile
    Honda CBR600RR
    Talked to a knowlegeable (!!!) T-mob Data Services rep. I signed up for the $4.99 T-zones plan, and hopefully everything will work fine tomorrow (they are having technical problebs with t-zones and everything should be up and running again tomorrow, Monday August 16th).

Honestly, $4.99/month is NOTHING compared to what other people pay for the same things we T-mob customers get.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast