Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Not unless you need access to an IMAP mail server. That appears to be the only difference. I had the regular $4.99 T-Zones and could not access our corporate mail servers (but I could check my Yahoo POP mail) I upgraded to Pro and life was good. I used to be able to listen to all the Shoutcast stations until about two weeks ago.

What the heck is T-Mo doing here?
    Last edited by duoart; 08/23/2004 at 06:32 PM. Reason: typo
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I was able to get the "Virgin Radio - Today's best music & classic tracks" station which I selected because of its low 32 bitrate. To be honest thought, the sound quality was pretty poor - I think I could hear about every other note.

I am on the $4.99 Tzones plan.
    I'm having the same prob. Ugraded a few weeks to Tzones ($5 plan) when they took away free wap/web. Was getting everything OK then, including Shoutcast. No longer. Still get all but Shoutcast is gone. : (

Quote Originally Posted by duoart
    I've had the $9.99 plan for some time. Recently, shoutcast stations on any port other than 80 have become blocked. Anyone else seeing this?

I'm REALLY getting pissed off at T-Mo's constant screwing with their data services.
    I think they deliberately keep the descriptions of the services nebulous so that they can block ports at will and not have someone sue them.
    Last edited by buck16; 08/24/2004 at 12:01 PM.
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    And now I can no longer use Verichat, SSH, or netClock (on the $4.99 plan). Web and e-mail is still working.

Can anyone confirm that Verichat and SSH (port 22) will work on the $9.99 plan?

Wow T-Mobile is really starting to anger me. I subscribe to a data plan, try the VeriChat demo, it works, I buy VeriChat, then T-mobile limits the plan? Is this legal?
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Hmm. Maybe T-Mobile is reading this board to find out what still works, and then turns it off! So for the benefit of T-Mo:

Nothing works anymore. Zip. Zilcho. I guess I'm going to have to upgrade to the $19.99 plan. Now leave us alone!!
    Verichat IS working on my $4.99 plan on my 270....
    Don't know what port it is using ... If you can tell me how to tell I will check it and get back to you

I do have Avantgo browser and it is working
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TrySpammingMe
    Verichat IS working on my $4.99 plan on my 270....
    Don't know what port it is using ... If you can tell me how to tell I will check it and get back to you
    I don't know the port numbers off the top of my head. This is really weird. Can anobody else with a Treo 600 and the $4.99 plan confirm if VeriChat is or isn't working for them? (I'm running the latest VeriChat v2.23b)
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Apparently, AOL 3.1 is no longer working for me under Tzones. Worked perfectly before. Can anyone else confirm this?

Does anyone know of any alternatives for obtaining AOL email? I had heard that AOL has "opened up" their email access. Does that mean it is now possible to to retrieve AOL email via the regular built-in mail app?
    mportune, I got t_zones 4.99 and that version of Verichat and it works.

Rippey
    Rippey
    Treo 600 on T-Mobile
    Honda CBR600RR
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrrippey
    mportune, I got t_zones 4.99 and that version of Verichat and it works.

Rippey
    Thanks Rippey - where are you located?

Wow, I have no idea how to even approach this problem with T-mobile. My web and email work fine, but none of my other apps do. As soon as I mention "AIM" they're going to say "well you aren't subscribing to our AIM service" or something like that. This is really, really frustrating.
    Quote Originally Posted by gekz
    You'll need a special version of the program that allows connection to Verichat via t-zones.

Attached, find the "t-zones capable version of VeriChat" sent to me by support@pdaapps.com .

I have installed it and it works great.

Thank you sooooo much!
    WAP access back on on T-Mobile!

Hey! T-Mo user in NYC metro area. I was going to pay $4.99/mo. to get my 'internet access' on my Treo 600. I just turned my radio on and hit Blazer...then bam my bookmarked TreoCentral site popped up. I went to my computer to verify that I was seeing current info.
    Now I'm checking Hotmail and accesing Earthlink POP3 through Mail.

What's going on? Did they prepare the GPRS system for EDGE or did they make everyone go nuts and shell out $4.99-$19.99 (or $39.98 if you got pulled into that 'TM Internet & HS'! ) for access?

So..is there any need to pay for data access?
    Can someone add to this list of ports open through 'Free WAP' on the 600?
    Verified!
    80 http
    110 pop3

Unverified:

20 ftp-data
    21 ftp
    23 telnet

Instant messaging

Please let me Know!
    Visor Deluxe (Green)>Treo 180g>Treo 600 (GSM)*>*Treo 650 (GSM)
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123