Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I have the T-mobile $4.99 plan and now have access to WAP services again. Only problem is that I can't use Verichat at all. Did they continue to block more ports now?
    Ok.. here are the results: I signed up for the t-zones $4.99 plan and EVERYTHING works great, including: web, email, and Verichat.
    gekz,

Did you have to do anything to get Verichat working? My web is working (I dont use email) but Verichat keeps saying that I cannot connect to proxy. I am guessing you are using Data and not SMS since if I did SMS, I would run out in a day.

Thanks

Rippey

PS, sorry for the misspelling before my bad.
    Rippey
    Treo 600 on T-Mobile
    Honda CBR600RR
    Was ok with free wap with Avantog (w/o proxy) till 8/11 in NJ Now gone.

Signed up for TZones yesterday.. still can't get anything going

I just downloaded verichat as well... also not working.
    I saw that I might need Eudora browser, downloaded it , installed on windows and hots ynced.. do not see it in treo ...

ANY 270 pointers would be appreciated...

Dont it always seem to go, that you dont know what you got till it's gone.....
    I have free wap service under my plan. I called and spoke with a Tmobile rep and she mentioned that there was a technical problem being solved. I was offered 50 free minutes for the "inconvenience".
    Has anyone got Verichat working on $4.99 T-Zones? It has been three days and still no Verichat but I get web.

Rippey
    Rippey
    Treo 600 on T-Mobile
    Honda CBR600RR
    You'll need a special version of the program that allows connection to Verichat via t-zones.

Attached, find the "t-zones capable version of VeriChat" sent to me by support@pdaapps.com .

I have installed it and it works great.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I called again today and the rep confirmed that no more internet for free. I will sign up for the tzones
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Same story - Wap stopped working, so I signed up yesterday afternoon for $4.99 Tzones. But tonight I tried it & still the same problem! The connection to Tzones establishes no problem, but when I try to go to a web site, I get no response until I finally get an error message that says "Page download could not be completed. Please try again later."

I confirmed on the Tmobile web site that Tzones has been added to my account. Why isnt it working?

Please help!
    getz, that worked like a dream, now everything is working on my Treo except SSL connections. It looks like I can get one page but if I try to navigate within an ssl site, I get errors. I think that is okay for me, no need to pay $5 more just for that.

Thanks!

Rippey
    Rippey
    Treo 600 on T-Mobile
    Honda CBR600RR
    nothing is working, "the page download could not be completed", it keeps on sending but nothing is happening. Is internet working for anyone?
    Mine is still handshaking and reading "Established" on new $4.99 T Zones but nothing happens after that.

I downloaded JBrowser wap browser to still no avail...

tried using old thread found on ISDN dial up settings for TMo..

Again "established , but nothing after that.

We can't be far off if handshake is established
    I've had the $9.99 plan for some time. Recently, shoutcast stations on any port other than 80 have become blocked. Anyone else seeing this?

I'm REALLY getting pissed off at T-Mo's constant screwing with their data services.
    I think they deliberately keep the descriptions of the services nebulous so that they can block ports at will and not have someone sue them.
    Have $4.99 t-zones plan inBoston, MA (if it makes any difference).

Web works great with Blazer. Don't know about SSL, but it most likely won't work with it.

IM with Verichat works perfect (with "special" Verichat version)

Email works perfect (SnapperMail)

Shoutcast does not seem to work.
    I upgraded my treo 600 a couple of months ago to the new software version. Are the people still ebing able to log in using the old or the new version?
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Like others here, I was feeling pretty frustrated with still not getting wireless data after signing up for Tzones. So to check to see whether the problem was with my Treo or my service, I popped my SIM card in my wife's Sony Ericsson. Sure enough, still no Tzones. So I spoke with a Tmo wireless data services rep tonight to complain. His response to me was that lately, it's been taking up to 72 hours to get Tzones provisioned after requesting it, and that I should call back tomorrow afternoon (I signed up Friday afternoon) if I still dont have service.

Will keep you posted!
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    As of this morning, I now have internet & email access again via T-Zones! I'm even listening to music via Shoutcast as I type this! Whew! So Tmobile was on the mark when they told me that Tzones provisioning could take up to 72 hours from the time of request.

--Charlie
    That's great news! I'm glad it is working for you Charfeld.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Quote Originally Posted by CharFeld
    As of this morning, I now have internet & email access again via T-Zones! I'm even listening to music via Shoutcast as I type this! Whew! So Tmobile was on the mark when they told me that Tzones provisioning could take up to 72 hours from the time of request.

--Charlie
    Which Shoutcast stations are you listening to? The only one I can get is WNYC in NY and they are on port 80. everything else appears to be blocked. Which T-Zones plan are you on?
    the wap access is working now after I signed up for TZones. Is it worth it to go pro on Tzones?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast