1.    #1  
    I came home yesterday to find my latest T-Mo bill. What an unpleasant supriise to see that my bill was over $160 instead of around $60 plus tax. I had almost $100 of data charges, and I have unlimited internet.

After calling, I found out that the data service billing started immediately after I had complained of slow or no data service. Apparantly, someone at T-Mo changed some setting. Of course, they told me to ignore the extra charges, and they are going to find out what happened (ame make sure it won't repeat).
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Yeah but did the data service improve after you called and complained? If it did, just think what it will be like after they get done adjusting things this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor
    I came home yesterday to find my latest T-Mo bill. What an unpleasant supriise to see that my bill was over $160 instead of around $60 plus tax. I had almost $100 of data charges, and I have unlimited internet.

After calling, I found out that the data service billing started immediately after I had complained of slow or no data service. Apparantly, someone at T-Mo changed some setting. Of course, they told me to ignore the extra charges, and they are going to find out what happened (ame make sure it won't repeat).
    Slow or data service is not only dependent the telephone provider but also on your location.

On your bill, make sure you got the T-Mo. Customer Service name or number and jot down date and time of conversation. Check your bill online or via telephone inquiry to see if adjustment has been done. Online information is not always updated.
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    I was at a T-Mobile store recently, tinkering with a Blackberry for a client of mine. When I pulled out my SIM card the T-Mobile guys was like 'whoa, how long have you had that??' He swapped it for a new one (even moved my settings and contacts between the two cards) and voila, I am getting faster data, improved connection times and better reception overall. You might want to do this as well... my old card was a Voicestream version.
    Mike
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbaldon
    Yeah but did the data service improve after you called and complained? If it did, just think what it will be like after they get done adjusting things this time.
    Service did improve - but not just for me.
    Shneor
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    Slow or data service is not only dependent the telephone provider but also on your location.

On your bill, make sure you got the T-Mo. Customer Service name or number and jot down date and time of conversation. Check your bill online or via telephone inquiry to see if adjustment has been done. Online information is not always updated.
    Thanks, I will.
    Shneor
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by z3bum
    I was at a T-Mobile store recently, tinkering with a Blackberry for a client of mine. When I pulled out my SIM card the T-Mobile guys was like 'whoa, how long have you had that??' He swapped it for a new one (even moved my settings and contacts between the two cards) and voila, I am getting faster data, improved connection times and better reception overall. You might want to do this as well... my old card was a Voicestream version.
    Mike
    Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out.
    Shneor