1.    #1  
    What is the difference between T-zones and t-mo internet, I have the internet and was told I would be able to use T-zones, why would I want to?
    kevin
    T-Mo unlimited internet is $19.95 and gives you access to all ports.

T-Zones is $4.99 and restricts you to the ports for HTTP, IMAP, and POP3. The free WAP gives the same access. T-Zones is actually meant to be used by WAP phones (not smartphones like the treo) to access a special T-Mo site to get ringtones and wallpapers and stuff like that. We treo owners figured out that we could do a lot more with it that other phones couldn't, such as surf non-secure websites and send/receive email. In fact we can't access that special T-Zones site.

Considering the difference in price, if you do not need to access other ports then save your $$ and just get T-Zones since they no longer offer free WAP service apparently. You might not want to mention you're using it with a treo because they will tell you it doesn't work (BS) and that you have to pay the outrageous $19.95 for T-Mo unlimited internet. Do a search, there are countless threads from people who are using T-Zones (including me) successfully.
    Quote Originally Posted by jennyfur
    T-Mo unlimited internet is $19.95 and gives you access to all ports.

T-Zones is $4.99 and restricts you to the ports for HTTP, IMAP, and POP3. The free WAP gives the same access. T-Zones is actually meant to be used by WAP phones (not smartphones like the treo) to access a special T-Mo site to get ringtones and wallpapers and stuff like that. We treo owners figured out that we could do a lot more with it that other phones couldn't, such as surf non-secure websites and send/receive email. In fact we can't access that special T-Zones site.

Considering the difference in price, if you do not need to access other ports then save your $$ and just get T-Zones since they no longer offer free WAP service apparently. You might not want to mention you're using it with a treo because they will tell you it doesn't work (BS) and that you have to pay the outrageous $19.95 for T-Mo unlimited internet. Do a search, there are countless threads from people who are using T-Zones (including me) successfully.

i use tzones and as far as i can tell all the ports are open (most times). I was streaming shoutcast just this morning. If it doesnt work at first just restart the phone try it again.
    Do you have the settings for T-Zones for the T600
    Hmm... my free WAP (e.g., HTML / POP3) seems to no longer function on my Treo 180. Anyone know what's up? My old Treo 180 died and I just got a refurbished one, so maybe that's it? I'm still able to log on... but once online (via GPRS), I can't do anything :|
    I am trying to help a friend configure his TMo/T600 and he can get it to connect via TZones but he can't do anything either.
    If you download AVANTGO (free) It really works great on my 270 ( It Should work great on the 180,Use it as your browser, no proxy needed and you can travel most of the web... Yahoo mail work thru that (without push)

On the 600, you should create the new connection with the settings below, you PROBABLY dont need the AVANTGO browser (but try it if plan A doesnt work)

Verichat is working on the $4.99 T-Zones wap as well.... You have to use the program to get to AIM and IRC as well as Yahoo and MSN. BUt you can do it as part of unlimited $4.99 plan

To set up ... use your old free t mo settings
    in Blazer go to
    bookmarks/
    options/
    network preferences/
    service/
    new/
    Name it what you want to (T-ZOnes)
    gprs
    login leave blank
    password -Unassigned-
    apn wap.voicestream.com

when you set up your network preferences.. click on
    details/
    fallback = none/
    ip address check automatic
    query dns unchecked
    primary dns 216.155.165.50
    secondary dns 216.155.165.51

Use the Avantgo Regular HotSync Browser browser (do not use the Avantgo wireless browser)...

Its just like before..
    One happy camper here...
    Any more questions, let me know....
    Hi there,

Thanks for the tips!

I actually was already using AvantGo for my browser, which works fine... except for no bookmarking, which is really a bummer :|

Oddly, though, my wireless Internet starting working again today -- without me paying the $4.99 monthly fee. Of course, I'm not gonna complain about that, even if it's flakey. If I really need stable, consistent iWireless access, I'll pony up the $4.99, which isn't much to pay.
    I was having all kinds of trouble getting free wap to work and when I tried to access the web using Blazer the page prompted me if I wanted to upgrade to the $4.99 tzones unlimited plan. I did and I was redirected to the tzones site http://wap.myvoicestream.com Tried some of the tzones links like sports/news weather and movies, alerts and they all worked. It smart enough to get my info from my account when dispalying info for weather, lottery, horoscope. The pages are not D-pad optimized, but they sure download fast.
    Thatadam.... and Treobum

Set up your bookmarks as custom made pages on the Avantgo web site then either hotsync or modemsync....

also you can open the little folder on top once you have the radio conection on, which will give you a line that you can type in any address, and on window you can click on history which will give you the past 10 pages you have individually typed as addresses .. utilize as your 10 favorites.....

also if you make google one of your personal customized pages in AVantgo, you can get anywhere quick....

You can also make your personal yahoo page one of your favorites... with all your favorites on that sites...

gotta love great work arounds....
    TMobile sucks! I have Tzones and I can surf the web with my Treo600 but I can no longer send email!!! The SMTP server: myemail.t-mobile.com no longer works!!!!!!!!

I'm upset about this!

Stan
    <placeyouremail@here.com>....Relaying denied.
    IP name lookup failed [10.196.223.228]
    Same problem here - spent time with t-mobile. They say they have installed new firewalls on t-zones, that it was never meant for Treo-type instruments, etc. Only solution offered was to give them 19.99 more to send e-mail.
    Any suggestions?
    (my phone is currently locked, but I do have an unlock code, just need to find a non t-mo sim to unlock)
    thanks
    Bob
    Bob
    I have no use for a T-Mo e-mail account. I'm happily using the POP/SMTP account from my SBC Yahoo DSL service and the IMAP server we have it work. Both are readily accessable on my Treo with my $9.99 T-Zones service

Two e-mail addresses are enough for me!