1.    #1  
    I am trying to make my Treo600 work using WirelessModem. The instructions are quite Sprint-oriented so I wndered if there was anything different for t-Mobile (I am suspecting either the modem script or the phone number has to be different).

I follow the instructions at the WirelessModem site and it all works fine until I dial the modem

The mac says "Contacting PPP Server..." and then does nothing for 40 seconds
    After 5 seconds the Treo says 29 sent 100 received
    After 40 seconds, the Mac says "No carrier detected" and the Treo says 35 bytes sent 152 bytes received

I just think that there is some subtle mistake here.

I have unlimited internet, and unlimited pictures on my phone.

I have used this SIM card extensivey on the Mac with a Motorola v300 and have just switched to the 600.
    Last edited by drchuck; 06/20/2004 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Added reference to Macintosh to title
  2.    #2  
    Quick Update - It now works - it *was* a dial string

*99***1#

Worked as the phone number instead of #777 as described in the WirelessModem documentation.

Too bad there was not a simple page somewhere. I guess that I will try to call TMobile support to see if they know this information.

So this is very cool.
    Last edited by drchuck; 06/20/2004 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Clarification
    All you need to know is www.junefabrics.com
    get their PDANet client and have fun surfing..
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    unfortunately, pdanet is great for a pc, but there is no Mac version
    I am a PC user but I only get 56K on PDANet vs 115K Wireless Modem.

Since I connect via VPN to my work, I find the screens refresh faster with Wireless Modem than PDANet.
    Does anyone have the site address for WirelessModem?
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drchuck
    Quick Update - It now works - it *was* a dial string

*99***1#

Are all the other settings the same, including the modem you use on the mac ?
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Is it the same string as T Mobile?
    Quote Originally Posted by Androw
    Is it the same string as T Mobile?
    *99***1# is the same for T-Mo.
    Two part question.

1. How do I get a second trial period as I couldn't get it to work during the first. (If I can't, is that the end of that?)

2. Assuming I can get another trial period, how I get it to work.
    Got as far as "Uncheck all but WirelessModem." WireLessModem did not appear in the choose list.

Please note: I am on T-Mobile and have a Mac.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

can e me: akay@koreykay.com
    Can anybody direct me to a page where I could find step by step instructions on how to use my Cingular Treo 600 as a wireless modem for my Powerbook G4 (10.3.5) ? I bought the wirelessmodem software, but there are no instructions for Cingular, what's the string ? Phone number to dial, settings, what about modem scripts ? do i need one, which one, where ? Has anybody succeeded to make this work ?
    Aany help appreciated , Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    I am a PC user but I only get 56K on PDANet vs 115K Wireless Modem.

Since I connect via VPN to my work, I find the screens refresh faster with Wireless Modem than PDANet.
    which one is ur wireless provider for getting 115k using wireless modem?
    there is no way in TMO which could get more than 56k via GPRS connection.
    danipod:

Go to Massimo Valle's site (www.macronsoft.com) and get his GPRS Script Generator (GSG) app. Works pretty well for most carriers. Note that Cingular might have changed their access to a WAP access. I had to make some changes. You need to read through the postings over at Scott Gruby's NotifyMail site in the WirelessModem forum to get the details.
    Quote Originally Posted by jposin
    danipod:

Go to Massimo Valle's site (www.macronsoft.com) and get his GPRS Script Generator (GSG) app. Works pretty well for most carriers. Note that Cingular might have changed their access to a WAP access. I had to make some changes. You need to read through the postings over at Scott Gruby's NotifyMail site in the WirelessModem forum to get the details.
    Dear Jposin, thanks for your post, I think I already received something from you back in January, when I was trying to set this up already before a trip to Europe, It didn't go anywhere then, but I gave it another go and spent hours on wirelessmodem users archive, trying to find answers, Got WM 1.1., got the GPRS Script Generator from Massimo, and paid for it too, got the generic modem scripts from that did not help ! What settings do we have to use ??!! Telephone Number ? Account name ? Password ? Some posts say *99***1#, some other posts say internet2voicestream.com but nothing works ! Same message over and over: The connection has failed. Please verify your settings and try again... Has anyone had any luck with wirelessmodem cingular ? This is so frustrating, no one answers !