1.    #1  
    Last edited by SeldomVisitor; 06/08/2004 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Took back attempt to change title
    in other news... the cost of all new activations has just quadrupled
    Avatars.... <hrumpphh> I guess, since all the cool kids are doing it.
    I have no problems with phones being locked during the time a customer is under the one or two year commitment to the carrier, assuming the carrier subsidized the purchase of the phone.

After the commitment time is up, the phone should be unlocked. Alternatively, the carrier could just bump up the early termination fee and don't lock the phone.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Pretty funny that on the same page are ads for AT&T and T-Mobile.

...David
    and what is a "cort" order?

"The suit seeks a cort order to block the process of "handset locking" and require carriers to unlock existing phones and to pay restitution to users."
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    and what is a "cort" order?

"The suit seeks a cort order to block the process of "handset locking" and require carriers to unlock existing phones and to pay restitution to users."
    Way to go CNN.com. That cracks me up.
    [QUOTE]I have no problems with phones being locked during the time a customer is under the one or two year commitment to the carrier,[QUOTE]

That is what the contract is for. If you break the contract early, then you pay the cancel fee. That is supposed to reimburse the carrier for the subsidy. If the phone is mine, then it should be unlocked from the get-go.

Sprint's commercials (and that lawsuit) really show how this broke revenue model we have here in the US aggravates customers.