1.    #1  
    I have a brand new GSM Treo. It came with a tel number assigned to it, but the number no longer exists. Is there a way to search the ESN number and see if someone else can activate the phone?

I want to get rid of the phone, but I need to make sure someone else can activate it. The phone was given to my company for a trial and the provider does not want it back.

Any ideas???
    The GSM telephone number is tied to the SIM card, not the handset. If the handset is unlocked, anyone with a valid SIM card should be able to use it. If it is locked to the carrier, then anyone with a SIM card from that carrier should be able to use the handset.
  3.    #3  
    So if I sell this phone on ebay as an AT&T GSM Treo, which it is, anyone should be able to activate it on ATT's network- correct? Please advise.

I just don't want to screw anybody, that's all.

Thanks.
  4.    #4  
    I am assumming that with the SIM card in it, they can activate it with AT&T.
    Does a current AT&T SIM card work in it? If so, go right ahead and advertise it as an AT&T GSM Treo600. If they have an AT&T SIM card also, it should work fine.