Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    About 2 weeks ago I purchased a T600 (PalmOne GSM)) through Cingular and the SIM came from them as well. I saw all the traffic on Treocentral regarding updating the firmware from 2.04 to 2.05. When I first got the phone there was a option on the Phone app where you could select the network. I did the firmware update and now that option is no longer available. When I look at the Phone Info I find that I have 3.05 firmware and Treo600-1.12-CNG software and B Hardware. Is there some way I can get the option to select the network again?
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    Lol, just looked at my post, I updated the firmware from 3.04 to 3.05, not 2.04 to 2.05.
    nope, the new s/w is more sensitive to the SIM's programming
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    There is a thread here somewhere that talks about this. I believe "MovieGene" has a pretty good handle on it and will chime in but I still have the "select network option" after doing the upgrade and don't know why it's different for some and not others. I believe it had something to do with the SIM card (older vs. newer).
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    I have a pretty new SIM card from Cingular (6 months old) and do NOT get a Network Select option on either my wife's or my updated T600s.
    My SIM is 2 years old from my original 270 purchase.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    T600 from cingular and t-mo is interchangeable according to the reps. my T6 is originally from cingular and i've just switched to t-mo with no problem
    I think therefore I am.... confused!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by canosatien
    T600 from cingular and t-mo is interchangeable according to the reps. my T6 is originally from cingular and i've just switched to t-mo with no problem
    Putting a T-Mobile card in a Cingular Treo is not the issue. If you look when the T-Mo card is in, you should see the Select Network feature.

More than likely, when you put the Cingular SIM in, the Select Network feature disappers.
    GSM Treo 600 with Cingular
    New Avatar caused by:This Post
    Here's what I'm getting back from some guys at Cingular:

I believe this is because we use a barred SIM, containing the availability
    to lock a SIM to specific SW settings from the manufacturer Handspring on
    the OS.
    Why this makes a difference between 2.12 and 3.05, we don't know yet.
    I made them aware of the 2+ years old SIM card allowing it.

He is looking into it, and will get back to me.
    Hopefully, I'll have something concrete soon.
    Just received a response as I was typing my previous post.

In regards to the older SIM card working and the newer ones not allowing the Select Network feature to appear:

That would be a very likely scenario, we have 3-5 relationships with
    manufacturers and are always updating network technoligies that require the
    SIM programming to change as well.
    My understanding was that Cingular is the one major GSM carrier in the US that doesn't lock it's phones. AT&T and, I believe, T-Mobile do, however.
    I have a TMO SIM CARD and I use the firmware which itwas shipped from PalmOne directly without any upgrade. in the network, i am only allowed to switch between TMO Internet / TMO VPN and / TZONE.

What kind of network are you guys talking about?
    thanks in advance