1.    #1  
    I'm currently vacationing on the Central Coast of Oregon and my 600 shows 310-90 as the carrier. Anybody know who that carrier is?
    While I was in Portland my treo usually was on AT&T and sometimes switched to T-Mo but everywhere else it's been showing 310-90.
    Just curious....
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    I popped a TMo SIM in my T600 early today (I normally use ATTWS) and the carrier was listed as something very similar; 310-902 I think, but don't remember exactly and I no longer have the TMo SIM.
  3.    #3  
    It's an unusual carrier name...
    Since I'm not sure who the carrier is I'm just concerned with roaming fees.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    In theory it should have taken that carrier number and associated the name with it.
    The Treo has a database of MCC and MNC codes. When it registers on the network, it should lookup the code to get the name.
    GSM Treo 600 with Cingular
    New Avatar caused by:This Post
    Found this roaming around the web.
    http://www.itu.int/ITU-T/inr/forms/files/mnc-1203.pdf

After lookup, it appears the 310-90 is Edge Wireless LLC
    I didn't find an entry for 310-902
  6.    #6  
    Thank you sir!
    Interesting stuff.
    Wonder if they have roaming agreements with Cingular?
    Or I guess maybe they do since I'm using their network?
    It's all chinese to me.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Found another fun place.
    http://www.gsmworld.com/roaming/gsminfo/cou_us.shtml

Edge isn't listed under Cingular's roaming partners, however my sales rep confirmed they do have an agreement.
    If you look at Edge in the list, they have an agreement with Cingular.
  8.    #8  
    Thanks,
    I was looking at Cingular's National coverage map and they show coverage along the Central Coast of Oregon (with no long distance or roaming fees). So I guess that answers my question.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    How are you able to tell who you're roaming with, i.e. where did you see 310-90 code to begin with? I'm curious.
    When you initially turn on Wireless Mode or when you switch networks, on occassion where the network name should appear, you will get the numbers instead.

It's more prevelant after a hard reset and the first turn on of wireless mode. It's as if the Treo takes a few moments to find the database or whatever to look up the carrier name for display.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by northward
    How are you able to tell who you're roaming with, i.e. where did you see 310-90 code to begin with? I'm curious.
    As I was travelling up the freeway towards the Northwest I would look at my treo periodically and it would switch carriers as I went.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone