1.    #1  
    Anyone request and get a unlock code for their Treo 600 from TMO and perform the unlock? If you bought the phone from them and have had it for at least 90 days they'll supply the unlock code.
    I got my unlock code from them today after requesting it yesterday. Haven't tried yet. 1. because you need to have a non-TMO sim in the slot when you do the unlock.(couldn't get a hold of my friend with his Cingular SIM). 2. The instructions don't seem to match the key's on the Treo.
    "Tap the phone icon on the bottom right of the touch screen that is used to "SEND" a call" (quote from the email instructions) Where's this?
    That's a throw back to the treo 180/270/300 days... once you start putting in the code just hit the dial prompt that appears.
    Avatars.... <hrumpphh> I guess, since all the cool kids are doing it.
    Here is the procedure is used months ago, flawlessly I might add:

While in dial pad screen insert foreign sim card
    screen should read "sim card not allowed"
    dial *#*#(insert your provided unlock code here)#

tap phone icon on bottom right of touchscreen usually used to place phone

screen should read "unlocked"

- cb
    copper treo 680/t-mobile
    I just requested one. I hear they will send it via text message within the next 24 hours. I'm not sure if that is a delay tactic and they will tell me they can't or what. If I get one, I'll post my procedure. I won't give it out though because I don't understand the reprocussions of that so don't ask for it as I simply won't respond. I will help with the procedure though.
    Previous User of T-Mobile Pocket PC Phone Edition, Now Using T-Mobile Treo 600, Firmware v3.05, Software v600-1.12-ROW, Palm OS v5.2.1, Hardware B, Handspring Phone v1.0
    huh? what are you talking about?
    Quote Originally Posted by superfire
    huh? what are you talking about?
    Perhaps if you post what it is that you do not understand, someone can help you out.
    Previous User of T-Mobile Pocket PC Phone Edition, Now Using T-Mobile Treo 600, Firmware v3.05, Software v600-1.12-ROW, Palm OS v5.2.1, Hardware B, Handspring Phone v1.0
    Quote Originally Posted by tivosnoopy
    I just requested one. I hear they will send it via text message within the next 24 hours. I'm not sure if that is a delay tactic and they will tell me they can't or what. If I get one, I'll post my procedure. I won't give it out though because I don't understand the reprocussions of that so don't ask for it as I simply won't respond. I will help with the procedure though.
    When i unlocked my treo600, t-mo said it would take 24 hours and to call back the next day. once i did, they had the unlock code and it worked like a charm.

i am guessing that they need the time along with the imei you provide to generate the unlock code, similar to a software registration code.

- cb
    copper treo 680/t-mobile
    Quote Originally Posted by cbishop
    When i unlocked my treo600, t-mo said it would take 24 hours and to call back the next day. once i did, they had the unlock code and it worked like a charm.- cb
    It sounds like it has worked that way for others also. I hope they get off their butts about it. It's been 22 hours so far and no word. I shouldn't have waited so long to try and find this. I need to go out of town and will be using a friends sim card for the trip.
    Quote Originally Posted by tivosnoopy
    It sounds like it has worked that way for others also. I hope they get off their butts about it. It's been 22 hours so far and no word. I shouldn't have waited so long to try and find this. I need to go out of town and will be using a friends sim card for the trip.
    So did they send it to you? I haven't tried yet but am going to soon. Any update woudl be great.

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by the worm
    So did they send it to you? I haven't tried yet but am going to soon. Any update woudl be great.

thanks
    Yes worm, they did. The didn't email it but they did have it when i called. The instructions weren't correct but with a little trial and error they got it to work. Good luck with yours.
    Wish they had codes for AT&T