1.    #1  
    Does T-Mobile always have to be last to deliver anything? It appears that they will the last the provide the "Treo 600 Updater" to their customers. Does anyone know why? It is certainly not because they provide the highest quality customer service to their customers .
    They are much more stringent about putting their approval on devices "designed" to work with their network. It's good and bad...
    I updated with the ROW update and haven't had any issues. I didn't see any particular reason to wait around for T-Mo.
    One could always argue that Verizon is even slower
    I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
    -Sir Winston Churchill.
    After waiting 4 months for TMO even have the treo itself, I can wait a few weeks for the update... especially considering the only real gain I'm looking forward to is voice recording.
    Quote Originally Posted by jennyfur
    After waiting 4 months for TMO even have the treo itself, I can wait a few weeks for the update... especially considering the only real gain I'm looking forward to is voice recording.
    I actually decided to stay with the 3.04 since I have had no issues at all with it, and it provides the voice recording capability. So it doesn't much matter to me when or if) Tmo puts out the 3.05. I can't see any reason to change to it from the 3.04
    Quote Originally Posted by nudist
    I actually decided to stay with the 3.04 since I have had no issues at all with it, and it provides the voice recording capability. So it doesn't much matter to me when or if) Tmo puts out the 3.05. I can't see any reason to change to it from the 3.04
    Ditto.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    I wonder if T-Mobile's update will do something to block the T-600's ability to surf the web using T-Zones or free WAP.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  9.    #9  
    I believe that they don't have or want to apply the resouces (people and money) to get the software tested in a quick manner. As of this afternoon the only other carrier that does not have the updater available is Rogers (whoever that is?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cougar
    I believe that they don't have or want to apply the resouces (people and money) to get the software tested in a quick manner. As of this afternoon the only other carrier that does not have the updater available is Rogers (whoever that is?)
    Just curious... what's your basis for this belief?

Because, like the poster above mentioned... TMobile has a much more rigid process for accepting approved software.
    Rogers is the only Canadian carrier for the locked Treo 600. They told me a week ago to expect the updater in 2 to 3 weeks from then.
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    I use the Row 3.05 update on my Treo 600 on the T-Mobile network. It seems to be fine. I can't imagine wanting to rebrand the Treo to T-Mobile. What's the point? Why not keep the Treo International? So far, I've never seen any benefit to having T-Mobile branded phones, other than they can sometimes be cheaper.
    Mike
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
  13. dhl
    z3bum --

Anyway you could post pictures of the ROW wireless on/off screens? I'm curious how they look.
    They look just like CROW on/off screens
    Attached Images Attached Images
    if anyone sees a difference between 3.04 and 5, please let me know. As of now, I'm content with my 3.04.
    Coming back to the original topic of this thread: yes, indeed now that Orange UK and Rogers were released in the past 24 hours, TMob is the last one to release the firmware. Want the Rogers firmware? Have a look at mytreo.net.
  17. dhl
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytee
    They look just like CROW on/off screens
    thanks jaytee!
    Thanks, Mol. Funny that Rogers' own site had it first.
    I got the Updater and it didn't take. The error message was: "Module Version: The software in the Update is not compatible with this module. It cannot be used to update this module." There was dire warning on the monitor that interrupting the updating WILL damage the Treo's radio. Nevetheless I persisted but the software version is still 1.11. What is the module problem?