1.    #1  
    I started with Aerial Communications back in 97 and stayed through the mergers with VoiceStream and T-Mo.

Just curious as to how many other early GSM adopters are out there. Who can put me to shame with longer tenure?
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas T
    I started with Aerial Communications back in 97 and stayed through the mergers with VoiceStream and T-Mo.

Just curious as to how many other early GSM adopters are out there. Who can put me to shame with longer tenure?
    Certainly longer than VoiceStream (there was a carrier in NYC that VS bought but it has been so long that I cannot remember the name.). I have been on GSM through five phones (3 Nokias and 2 Treos, all of which still work). So long that my SIM delaminated and had to be replaced. When I first became a GSM user, I carried a Sprint Motorola digital/analog for backup. Have not used it for years. I am a big T-Mo fan, not because I have not had problems but because at least I can talk to their support people.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    Certainly longer than VoiceStream (there was a carrier in NYC that VS bought but it has been so long that I cannot remember the name.).
    That was probably OmniPoint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas T
    That was probably OmniPoint.
    That was it. How could I forget. They were a client.
    I also started with Aerial Communications and stuck with the following companies (VoiceStream and T-Mobile). I think I started in either '95 or '96.

I went through 3 Nokia phones before switching to a Treo 270, and now a 600.
    We had Digiph here before it was bought out by VoiceStream. The service and reception has gotten MUCH better. I swear by my T-Mo.
    Feb 7, 2001 w/ Visor Phone and my beloved Prism. Switched from Verizon and just before that Cellular One from about Jan 1990.