1.    #1  
    Hi, 2 things - first, I send *646#, and I get an error saying that my account does not support that service (??!?). Hmmmm. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone had similar issues. Second, I was wondering about tracking my KB usage. I am hoping my bill will show how much data I'm using, even though I have the unlimited for $19.95. But, if not, is there a good data tracking utility? I've tried TrafficStat, but it just doesn't work on my phone. Does anyone know of freeware? I saw something for the 270 and 300 but I don't want to 'test' and see if it will work on my 600....I'm curious, I could swear I've pulled like 10 megs in the 2 days I've had Cingular....

Thanks!!
    <a href="http://www.terriblemovies.com">TerribleMovies.Com</a>
    My bill showed my data usage with MEdia Works--87mb for the first month. I've been cooling it a bit ever since.
    Regarding your *646# issue call CSR and see what they have to say about it. If you're able to receive SMS there's no reason it shouldn't work.

As for kb usage you will see it on your bill. You can also check your previous billing period's usage online. For some reason once you switch to MEdia Works usage is no longer itemized under GPRS online, at least for me it isn't. Last month I used close to 500mb so they are keeping track, just not per session anymore.

TrafficStat is by far the best data usage tracker I can think of. I have version 4.1 and it works fine. Very accurate. Give it another try as there aren't too many other options out there.
    I am unable to get #646# to give any data either.
    I also receive the text message back saying it is not available for my account type.

However, in my case I believe it is due to my account be a corporate account.
    On the same token, I cannot view my bill online either.
    Ziphem, are you perhaps in the same situation?
    GSM Treo 600 with Cingular
    New Avatar caused by:This Post
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by MovieGene
    I am unable to get #646# to give any data either.
    I also receive the text message back saying it is not available for my account type.

However, in my case I believe it is due to my account be a corporate account.
    On the same token, I cannot view my bill online either.
    Ziphem, are you perhaps in the same situation?
    Ok, you got it. That's 100% what the problem has been. I had that nasty thought enter my head at the time, but I pushed it out. Ok, so if you can't see it online, then I'm not going to try, as I also have a corporate account. I do have MinutesPLUS, so I've been using that to keep track. Unfortunately, when I changed evening times from starting at 9 PM to 7 PM, it changed that for all past months....but at least I get to see then if / how much it pays to have 7 PM nights! I figure also btw that calling up doesn't give me correct minutes either (if I wanted any more proof, Mrs. Sbaitso tells me I've used 176 mins since my last billing period, but my MinutesPLUS tells me over 800....I know which one seems more accurate... )
    <a href="http://www.terriblemovies.com">TerribleMovies.Com</a>