1.    #1  
    I don't understand the camera app/hardware... My cam was decent under 2.05 INT, exceptional under 3.04 INT and, well, just check the attached image to see it under 3.05 CNG... All firmware versions report camera app 1.0... what gives???

Todd/Indy
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tbhausen
    I don't understand the camera app/hardware... My cam was decent under 2.05 INT, exceptional under 3.04 INT and, well, just check the attached image to see it under 3.05 CNG... All firmware versions report camera app 1.0... what gives???
    What do you expect, you're practically in a dark closet. Go outside and take a picture of a flower with sunlight.
    I agree on the camera quality. I just upgraded the firmware and tried some outdorr shots where I used to get a passable image. Now the image is so grainy and unclear that the camera has become virtually useless. Interestingly, the problem must be in the compression software becuase the image itself looks great after capture, but miserable once you call it up after it was saved.
  4.    #4  
    coryburton, my cam performed very well under similar conditions with 3.04 INT. I've never seen that amount of noise (blue pixels) under any condition--even near total darkness--in the past.

Todd/Indy
    Quote Originally Posted by ihparker
    Interestingly, the problem must be in the compression software becuase the image itself looks great after capture, but miserable once you call it up after it was saved.
    Well then why don't you change the compression settings with Qset and see if that fixes the problem?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Perhaps because I never heard of Qset until you mentioned it. I just did a search and downloaded it. I will apply and see if that does the trick. If it does, we should be even more upset with Palm. How do you release a patch that does something as silly as increasing the compression to the point that the pics are almost one blur....