1.    #1  
    I bought my Treo 600 a few days ago, and am using the Cingular network. I am based in Connecticut, but travel a lot, especially to New Jersey and Illinois. I get phone coverage, but I'm not getting wireless internet. After a frustrating hour on the phone with Cingular, customer service tells me that outside my home network (Connecticut), coverage for the internet will be spotty at best (right now it's nonexistent in at least a 10-mile radius). This, he explains, has something to do with Cingular being a "conglomerate" whose various networks do not work together well, so that whenever I am outside my home area, the software will not work as well as if I were in my own network.

Is this a load of crap? Was he just trying to get me off the phone, or do I need to cancel my service and try another? I can't *imagine* Cingular would be this disorganized, but then again...
    I've traveled up and down the East Coast.
    Boston, Philly, Newark, Atlanta, Orlando, obscure points in PA and KY (Pennsatucky? ), and Points In Between.

The only time I have really had a problem accessing WIX is when I was in the Poconos.
    GSM Treo 600 with Cingular
    New Avatar caused by:This Post
    When in Conneticut does GPRS work for you there ok?

I also travel alot, the only places that I ususally lose GPRS is in the mountains, but then I lose the phone signal too.

Are you on a nation-wide plan? or a local plan?

I'm on a nation-wide system so even when Cingular may not be THE system in the area, my Treo jumps onto T-Mobile or AT&T. (although it really shouldn't matter).
    I'm on a nationwide plan, I haven't noticed a lack of GPRS connectivity in Connecticut, but I usually don't go to the more obscure parts.
    I'll keep an eye on it.
    GSM Treo 600 with Cingular
    New Avatar caused by:This Post