1.    #1  
    [FONT=Times New Roman]Hi! I have a Treo 600 (Sprint) that I purchased in October 2003. I am considering transferring my service to TMobile and would appreciate if some one could let me know whether I can use thesame phone or not. Thank you.
    Sorry,you're hosed. CDMA (Sprint) phone will not work on GSM (T-Mo, Cingular, AT&T...) networks

That's part of the reason I chose GSM. No lock in. Sprint has it's T600 customers by the short ones. You can't even use the Sprint version on Verizon's CDMA network because Sprint wanted to make sure people would not jump ship.

Buyer beware.
    True of ALL CDMA (Sprint and Verizon) phones by nature of the hardware--NOT a Sprint conspiracy...

Todd/Indy
    Sprint = CDMA, Tmo = GSM

Thus no dice

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  5.    #5  
    Thanks DUOART.
    Is there a card that I can switch in teh phone and and move on to TMobile. I will appreciate if you could let me know. Thanks
  6.    #6  
    Thanks DUOART.
    Is there a card in the Treo 600that I can switch and change my service to TMobile. Sprint service is twice as expensive.

Thanks
    Last edited by tmahen; 05/06/2004 at 09:41 AM. Reason: Typo
    Quote Originally Posted by tmahen
    Thanks DUOART.
    Is there a card in the Treo 600that I can switch and change my service to TMobile. Sprint service is twice as expensive.

Thanks
    tmahen,

Not in the version of the Treo 600 (T6) that you currently have (Sprint => CDMA protocol). The card you refer to (A SIM card) pertains only to GSM-compliant phones (to the best of my knowledge).

The GSM version of the T6 (as do all GSM phones) allows you to switch between different SIM cards provided by different carriers (T-Mob, Cingular, AT&T here in the U.S), as long as your GSM handset is not locked to a specific carrier's SIM card type.

If you search the forum, you'll find numerous threads dealing with the unlock issue for the GSM version of the T6. The Sprint version of the T6 utilizes a different network protocol (CDMA) and thus can't be used on carrier networks utilizing the GSM protocol.

If you want to switch to T-mob, you're going to have to acquire a GSM version of the T6.

Peace.
    -- "In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king" --