1.    #1  
    Just signed up for TMo's new insurance for T600. $3.99 a month gets you covered for lost, stolen, damaged and even water immersed Treo's with a $35 deductible. Seems a small price to pay compared to the cost of the T600.

www.asurion.com/tmobile 1-888-805-4488
    Thanks for the link.

I think $4 is well worth it.

Stan
    <placeyouremail@here.com>....Relaying denied.
    IP name lookup failed [10.196.223.228]
    I bought this coverage a few months ago. I wonder if they'll pay because my Treo 600 is a piece of $%*) and Handspring can't even ship me a replacement for three weeks. </rant>
    Why can't PalmOne send you a replacement? Either TMobile or PalmOne is sending me a replacement phone that I no longer need(after I did the Firmware upgrade to 3.04, it fixed the problem I was complaining about).

Stan
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    I put my T600 on my homeowners policy for $21/year.
    Call your insurance agent and see about putting it on a personal article rider policy
  6.    #6  
    I got my replacement in 10 days through TMobile...
    Quote Originally Posted by emajy
    Call your insurance agent and see about putting it on a personal article rider policy
    Isn't its loss then subject to your homeowner's deductible?
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gasmeister
    Isn't its loss then subject to your homeowner's deductible?
    No it is on a seperate rider.
    Last edited by emajy; 05/29/2004 at 06:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by emajy
    I thought about doing this, but my insurance agent convinced me to reconsider. Here is the scenario: Your Treo breaks or is stolen. You make the claim, and it gets replaced. The next month, your house floods from a broken water pipe. You make another claim for thousands of dollars, and it is paid.

However, now you have made two claims in a short period of time. There is a very good chance the insurance company will drop you altogether, or raise your rates way up. More likely, you will just be dropped.

Based on this scenario (I have seen it happen to others after making two small claims), I chose the T-Mobile insurance.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    $4 is little, knowing for the piece of mind. Don't have to fiddle with homeowners insurance claiming process. I'm hoping the Asurion is a whole lot easier.

Stan
    I just broke the LCD of my T Mobile Treo, this is before they offered insurance. Anyway I called Tmo and told them what happen, they replaced my Treo (handspring model) with a palm one model. I just paid $ 70 for everything. And it took only a week a half to recieve my phone.
    need to get the insurance asap for my treo 600 asap
    just added the insurance plan into my tmo acct. called to the tmo csr and requested them to make a note into my account about the treo imei number. the csr was not helpful nor she might have worked whole night long, she DID NOT sound nice at all. I understand it is not necessary to make a note about what IMEIs i have. but i just wanted to make sure a note in my account about TREO 600 phone. I do not want them to screw me when it comes to the claim.

will try to call again after work.

They should improve the customer service, and should not send all the call centers to offshore.
    In order to activate the insurance coverage on a particular phone, at least one phone call needs to be made from that phone before coverage applies. I think the call records the IMEI number somewhere on each call.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    just called my phone using treo600, so i hope they have my IMEI stored along with the call
    Dont we have a year warranty? Why do we need insurance now? Please explain. Whats the difference? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by lplplpx3
    Dont we have a year warranty? Why do we need insurance now? Please explain. Whats the difference? Thanks.
    CompUSA sold me a 2 year 1-time, replacement plan for $150.00. I guess I got screwed. Maybe I'll see if I can get that money back since it has only been 14 days.
    Previous User of T-Mobile Pocket PC Phone Edition, Now Using T-Mobile Treo 600, Firmware v3.05, Software v600-1.12-ROW, Palm OS v5.2.1, Hardware B, Handspring Phone v1.0
    Quote Originally Posted by lplplpx3
    Well, I haven't seen the written policy to confirm what it covers (should do), but I did recently order the T-Mo insurance.

Presumably, the warranty would only cover DEFECTS.

Hopefully, the insurance covers loss, theft, or damage due to owner's mistakes (eg, water, dropping, etc).