Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1.    #41  
    I tried that. They called me and wanted the EIN (serial number) of the new phone. They sent 4 emails yesterday, trying to get me to "pick a plan" Can you say Bait and Switch?
    Try giving them the EIN of an old phone, or maybe if you have to, go buy the cheapest phone you can to get the plan.

I bought my unlocked Treo from a electronics supplier (not from a phone company). Pulled the SIM card out of my GPRS capable phone and simply put it in the TREO. It worked fine.

Since then, I have told Cingular I have a Treo, and I have added the $19.95 unlimited plan, but had I not, Cingular would never have been the wiser.

As customers, we can play games too.
  3.    #43  
    Cingular has pulled the plug on media package. No more internet, MMS or SMS on my phone. They tried to get me to sign up for the 5 mb $29.95 ($10 higher for a lot less) and I didn't do it.

Anyone else get cut off by cingular yet?
    Not here!
    You mean you had the Media Works package and they removed it from your account??
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    I signed a contract with MEdia Works in place from the beginning, with full disclosure that I have a Treo 600. I believe the option to choose the Treo 600 was present on their website at that time, and I got my generic (INT firmware, since upgraded to 3.05 CNG) Treo on eBay. I can see Cingular choosing not to add it, but if it's in the contract from the start, would they remove it? I'd be unhappy, but I'd pay the early termination fee and bail in a heartbeat if they did and I had no other recourse. EDIT: T-Mobile certainly doesn't play these games; I only chose Cingular for better coverage and a bit faster GPRS speed, but T-Mo has supposedly speeded up their network here since then, so I feel good about any potential outcome...

Anyone on MEdia Works with a Treo 600 see their data usage on a bill yet? Mine was all web surfing (plenty of speed testing) and e-mail with no modem use, and came up to 87MB.
  6.    #46  
    yes, they removed the mediaworks from my phone. They called and said the plan is no longer available. I asked to speak to a manager, got tired of waiting after about 10 minutes, now no more media package, no more wirelesss internet, no sms, no mms, and about no more me bing a cingular client.

I have been a client for almost 20 years. I am looking at new vendors now.
    how did they co ntact you gusy to tell you they were cutting you off? (via phone/email/snail mail, etc)
    I just received my bill for 4/11 to 5/10.
    Media Works is still listed!

Code:
    Charge for MEdia Works               19.99
    Including:  Internet Express
                Multmedia Messaging
                Text Messaging
    Unlimited Expd M2M                    0.00
    I have no idea what the Unlimited Expd M2M is for. I don't know if it's part of Media Works or not.
    GSM Treo 600 with Cingular
    New Avatar caused by:This Post
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    M2M would be "mobile to mobile," I would guess. As in unlimited minutes for calling other Cingular customers from your Cingular phone.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    Strange. I signed up this past Saturday, and the sales person even scanned the IMEI of my Treo (I thought it was better, in case it was stolen, etc.). Anyways, I picked the $19.95 unlimited data plan. The sales person told me it has been around only a month and is very popular.

They did charge me $36 setup (waived the SIM chip cost of $25), and $25 for caller ID blocked. I thought that was very expensive. At the same time, I'm in a month to month contract, so I figure that the $60 substitutes for the $150 contract cancellation fee I might have to pay if I break the contract (or is that rationalization?).

tbhausen - 87 Megs is a lot...I'm gonna see if I can top that
    <a href="http://www.terriblemovies.com">TerribleMovies.Com</a>
    Something I just realized:
    My bill does not tell me how much data I've used.

Under Data Services, the only thing I get is:
    Code:
    Data Services
    MEdia Works                624      Msgs, 04/11/04 through 05/10/04
    Multimedia Messaging
     Included Messages    5.00 msg X  0.00 per msg 0.00

Text Messaging
     Included Messages  619.00 msg X  0.00 per msg 0.00

Total Messages      624.00                     0.00
    Total Data Services Charges                          0.00
    And there is no detail at the end of the bill. It will list all my phone calls, but I no longer have a data detail section.
    GSM Treo 600 with Cingular
    New Avatar caused by:This Post
  12.    #52  
    The contacted me via email, and the phone. Then pulled the plug on my Media Package... no mms, sms or internet on my treo. Now if I get a bluetooth phone, and qualify for an unlimited media package I can bluetooth to a palm... Doesn't make any sense to me!
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    To those of you who can't get the media works package: Buy a busted up phone on eBay (I just saw one go for 2.25), call and switch service to that phone's serial #, then add the media works. Swap sim cards and voila!, you have media works on your treo. BTW, where do you live? Maybe, you can add it from a dealer's kiosk in a mall or something instead of from the cingular retail store itself.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Quote Originally Posted by MovieGene
    I have no idea what the Unlimited Expd M2M is for. I don't know if it's part of Media Works or not.
    Stands for expanded mobile to mobile. Untill the most recent GSM nation plans, cingular only offered local m to m, that did not go with you when you travelled, even if you had a national plan.

You folks who are having problems with the $19.99 must be in the SBC markets, they use a different billing system. In the Bellsouth markets, the computer does not keep track of the phone type. Weird.

Oh yeah, call and ask for cust serv to add wireless internet detailed billing. Its free.
    Last edited by cingulartreo; 05/24/2004 at 09:51 PM.
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    So Cingulartreo, is the 19.99 plan actually still available from Cingular. I am in the Atlanta area and currently have the Mediaworks package with 1MB for 7.95 but 1MB ain't much data. I'd love to have the 19.99 unlimited if it is available.
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    I can vouch for the fact that it is not an SBC issue as was suggested. I live in SBC territory and I still have the unlimited package. BTW, I am a SBC employee as well.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Quote Originally Posted by gacajun
    So Cingulartreo, is the 19.99 plan actually still available from Cingular. I am in the Atlanta area and currently have the Mediaworks package with 1MB for 7.95 but 1MB ain't much data. I'd love to have the 19.99 unlimited if it is available.
    The next time you pass a cingular store, pop in and ask to see a brouchure. The most recent shows 2 MEdia plans, the $7.99 w 1MB and the $19.99 w/ unlimited. Ask one of the sales people to put it on your account.
    Yes, Cingular has an unlimited MEdia Works Package. It is 19.99/mo. You get 1500 txt msgs, 200 MMS, and unlimited Wireless Internet Express.
    All rumor aside this is what I can report as fact. A friend of mine just bought a Treo from Cingular through the business sales group. My buddy told the salesman he wanted the $19.99 unlimited plan.

The salesman said "it's not available for the Treo". My friend tried the good-ol-boy approach, the hook-a-brother up approach et. al. They failed. In frustration the salesman said, "Look, I will get in trouble if I give you that plan with a Treo!"

I think my friend might be in the market for a really really cheap GSM phone........
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
    There is a thread at HoFo that mentions that come June 1st, people using PDA phones are going to get slammed with data overages because Cingular is going to enforce the "no pda on media works" policy. When I signed up for media works, I was still on a SE T616 and then just swapped the SIM when the T600 got here. We'll see if I get a huge bill next month. Either way, when my contract is up in mid-July, I'm switching to T-Mobile.

Random Off Topic Question:
    I bought the Cingular Treo from Handspring directly. Is it unlocked? Can I take it with me to T-Mobile?
    CARTHAGO DELENDA EST
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast