1.    #1  
    Read about it here .
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I switched from the free wap access to the $4.99 T-Zones plan about a week ago since it had been acting funny. On T-Zones, I still should only have limited access to sites AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK. $But$ $that$'$s$ $not$ $how$ $it$'$s$ $behaving$... $right$ $now$ $I$ $can$ $access$ $HTTPS$ $and$ $stream$ $shoutcast$ $stations$ $that$ $aren$'$t$ $port$ $80$, $which$ $pretty$ $much$ $leads$ $me$ $to$ $believe$ $that$ $any$ $port$ $is$ $open$ $to$ $me$. $So$ $if$ $they$ $are$ $in$ $fact$ &$quot$;$fixing$&$quot$; $access$, $it$ $hasn$'$t$ $happened$ $just$ $yet$. $That$ $thread$ $did$ $state$ &$quot$;$on$ $or$ $around$ $April$ $28th$&$quot$; $so$ $I$'$ll$ $keep$ $an$ $eye$ $on$ $things$ $for$ $the$ $next$ $few$ $days$.
    I'm still getting errors on logging onto TZones. What horrible service. It's been exactly 2 weeks since I last saw TZones working on my phone(and numerous calls to TMobile).

Stan
    <placeyouremail@here.com>....Relaying denied.
    IP name lookup failed [10.196.223.228]
    Was having problems logging on earlier today. Working fine for me now! In fact, I recently started getting access to ssl and ports other than 80! All with just the free WAP plan.

If I lost my data access I'd be pretty pissed. I've heard rumors of Cingular offering unlimited data at $19.99. If T-Mo made me pay that, I'd consider switching just to spite them.

BTW, I have a colleague who has Cingular and appears to have unlimited data and he's not being charged for it! Go figure!
    I would hope all the ATT users would switch to TMo or Cingular. ATT users pay $49.95 for unlimited internet. I think they could benefit by switching to TMo and get it for $19.99.

Stan
    I switched from the $9.99 2mb plan to unlimited TZones. No problems. Just tried to connect. No problem. Can connect to any internet site without a problem at a reasonable speed.
    My TZones is up and running, as well as my WAP access. I just hope TMobile doesn't kill the free WAP.

I would hate to pay $19.99 a month just to get email and surf the web.

I don't think TMobile has the $9.99 2MB plan anymore.

Stan
    All seems to be working as it should. t-mo, free WAP access, no additional data plan.

- cb
    copper treo 680/t-mobile
    Up and running. However, sometimes Blazer requires Proxy server, then other times it's fine on its own (270 user).
    Looks like they figured it out. No SSL or surfing over anything other than port 80.

DOODOO!!!
    Fine with me, I don't use my Treo other than for email and simple web surfing. The GPRS connection is too darn slow to warrant real web surfing.

Stan
    Quote Originally Posted by duoart
    Looks like they figured it out. No SSL or surfing over anything other than port 80.

DOODOO!!!
    Hmm... it's still working for me... I just logged into eBay and streamed some shoutcast just to check. Strange.

Right now all I've got is the $4.99 unlimited T-Zones (switched from free wap just in case they were catching on). I think TMO is totally confused at this point, and I'm pretty happy so long as mine stays this way
    Looks like my ports are unblocked again! Wahoo!!!!

wonder how long it will be this time.
    I've been used the t-zones network set up preloaded on my TM600 to send/receive email via various pop3 accounts and to surf the web. Except for an occasional glitch, it's been working pretty well. And it's been free. My conversations w/ TM tech staff indicate that they have been trying to figure out how to shut this down. I haven't been about to access email or the web so far today, though the t-zones connection works. Connecting to/accessing what, I'm not sure. Can anyone else confirm this? Sorry if this topic is being discussed elsewhere. I didn't see any other spot where is was.
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    I have the $4.99 plan and cannot get into my email or internet as of 4pm today. The CS rep said that the phone is not compatible with t-zones(I've been down this road before with these idiots) but have never had a problem connecting before... any body have any feedback?
    Quote Originally Posted by DCT600
    I've been used the t-zones network set up preloaded on my TM600 to send/receive email via various pop3 accounts and to surf the web. Except for an occasional glitch, it's been working pretty well. And it's been free. My conversations w/ TM tech staff indicate that they have been trying to figure out how to shut this down. I haven't been about to access email or the web so far today, though the t-zones connection works. Connecting to/accessing what, I'm not sure. Can anyone else confirm this? Sorry if this topic is being discussed elsewhere. I didn't see any other spot where is was.
    I have been doing the same but the automatic mail check has been hit and miss the last few weeks. It has stopped working altogether 4 days ago. Called TMO and they told me that they are working to close that access (it's a glitch according to them) and the only way to guarantee POP and WEB access is to add T-Zones $4.99 to the account. I activated it and was back online in 5 minutes. Will try it for a few weeks and decide if it is worth it.
    Still working for me. No T-Zones fees just free WAP. It seems as though the other ports are unblocked on weekends for some reason.

I'm not about to complain.
    Quote Originally Posted by pmdied
    I have the $4.99 plan and cannot get into my email or internet as of 4pm today. The CS rep said that the phone is not compatible with t-zones(I've been down this road before with these idiots) but have never had a problem connecting before... any body have any feedback?
    as soon as you tell them which phone u use and it is not on their supported list, they will say it is your phone problem.

i could not check email / surf the web on my treo 600 this morning. i believe it was tmo server problem. i could connect to gprs, but i couldnot fetch email.

also, tmo sells treo to their business accts via P1. what the he11 those idiots say it is not compatible with tzones?
    they sell it, they support it, regardless if it is compatible ornot thou.
    Although my web access was working last night I'm not able to sign on tonight. I pay the $4.99 fee and have had full net access until now. I'm told that a GPRS connection is not available.

Guess it was just a connection error. I'm back online and getting both net access as well as my email. All is well.
    Quote Originally Posted by kreka
    I have been doing the same but the automatic mail check has been hit and miss the last few weeks. It has stopped working altogether 4 days ago. Called TMO and they told me that they are working to close that access (it's a glitch according to them) and the only way to guarantee POP and WEB access is to add T-Zones $4.99 to the account. I activated it and was back online in 5 minutes. Will try it for a few weeks and decide if it is worth it.
    This is exactly my experience. The TMo service techs understood that unlimited free WAP access was able to allow full access on port 80 for web and email. They were very happy it worked for me for the past 6 months. They only said that it should not work in the future.

I was not connecting to the Web, but was able to connect to WAP sites with a WAP browser and to email. i added $4.99 T-Zones and i can connect to Web sites again.

At least I do not have to add back the $19.99 internet plan...