I got my tmo treo 600 and dutifully went to upgrade my palm desktop via the cd enclosed with the unit. All went fine for awhile and then the installation program said, 'Please insert disk 1'. Well, there's only one cd and it was in the drive, so I pressed 'OK'. Whir whir... 'Please insert disk 1'. Rinse, Lather, Repeat... There was no was out of that.

I then decided to go to the Handspring web site and just download the desktop software from there. To do this, you are required to enter the serial number on the back of your Treo. There are nice picture showing exactly where this number is located on the Treo. I entered this number... Imagine my frustration when the web site responded,

"The serial number you entered does not match your currently selected handheld or you may have entered it incorrectly. Please check and re-enter your serial number, or close this window, select support for the product that matches your serial number and try again."

Double, triple, quadruple checked the serial number and still no go. I sent an email to support but received an answer which didn't resolve any issues from some poor beleagured indian support person.

Anyone else having difficulties with the serial number of their 600?