Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    Isn't it time that all ski resorts in the US had GSM? I can't imagine it's a money thing, so I must assume jokers got the rights to the frequencies for free and are squatting on them instead of providing us service! What's the deal, I wonder?
    Verizon works great in Telluride, as you may know. I've had mixed reports as to whether Cingular GSM works there or not. The web site and telephone people say no, but a dealer in Montrose says it does work in most areas. Do you know anyone who has tried it and cannot get Cingular service?
    I was at Keystone and got varying coverage depending on how high I was on the mountain. Perhaps you were above the tower.
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    This was my thread from last Ski Season! I wonder if Telluride has coverage now? Montrose did last year.

Wish I could go back up there and ski some more! Need to save $$$ for the new GSM Treo 650...
    It's not clear to me yet whether there is any GSM coverage in Telluride at this point in time-- I've gotten conflicting reports. It would be good to hear from someone who is there or has been there recently with a GSM phone.