1.    #1  
    Woo Hoo - I was lucky, I just happened to check the T-Mo website when they started taking pre-orders. I must've been in the first batch of shipments!

I got the email Monday that it was shipping, and today FedEx delivered my T-Mobile Treo 600, safe-and-sound. Slipped in my SIM card from my T-Mo Nokia, and all is well!

Haven't had a chance to work on the data side yet, but that's tomorrow's "chore" :-)

Very happy...very happy!

..Chris..
    Congrats, Chris! Keep us posted how your integration into the Treo goes, like what software you use & how setting up the wireless services go. Are you using the MessageXPress that HS leads you toward?
    Interesting.

Handspring (nee PalmOne) is usually VERY good at updating their web pages when appropriate, yet they still say "T-Mobile coming soon" and "Expect shipping starting in Early March" yet here we have (more than a few) folks saying they have already received their retail T-Mobile TREO 600s.

Maybe PalmOne laid off their web guys?
    This is a huge stretch even for you. Maybe it's because their target hasn't changed for orders you make right now (today). The backward chain from effect to cause is always so extreme. Ever hear of Occam's Razor?

Originally posted by SeldomVisitor
    Interesting.

Handspring (nee PalmOne) is usually VERY good at updating their web pages when appropriate, yet they still say "T-Mobile coming soon" and "Expect shipping starting in Early March" yet here we have (more than a few) folks saying they have already received their retail T-Mobile TREO 600s.

Maybe PalmOne laid off their web guys?
    You didn't read my post, did you?

PalmOne/Handspring says:

== Shipping expected early March

Now, regardless when one orders now or in the future the plain fact is, if people actually have received their retail T-Mobile TREO 600s already, that:

== Shipping has begun.

No?
    Yes, but logically it does not follow that the web staff was laid off. They could simply be passed out drunk after a Mardi Gras party and have not made the change yet.

I prefer hyperenough's analysis. They're undercommitting and overdelivering. Always smart.
    I repeat, ever hear of Occam's Razor?

If you didn't post a (negative) comment on the treocentral boards for 2 days, should I assume you're dead?

Originally posted by SeldomVisitor
    You didn't read my post, did you?

PalmOne/Handspring says:

== Shipping expected early March

Now, regardless when one orders now or in the future the plain fact is, if people actually have received their retail T-Mobile TREO 600s already, that:

== Shipping has begun.

No?
    Hyperenough,

We should be so lucky......

A man can dream, can't he?
    Originally posted by hyperenough
    I repeat, ever hear of Occam's Razor?

If you didn't post a (negative) comment on the treocentral boards for 2 days, should I assume you're dead?

Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Handspring/PalmOne finally updated their web pages around 15:00 to show the appropriate shipping information - it looks like it was a rush job since they left in some "astericked" items:

== "...* Any Treo 600 ordered with a new Cingular Wireless plan and contract
    == ** Any Treo 600 ordered for use with an existing Cingular Wireless account..."

even though there are no astericks to redirect people to the astericked item
    Last edited by SeldomVisitor; 02/25/2004 at 05:34 PM.
  11.    #11  
    Got the T-600 yesterday and got the cell working right away (using my 4+ year old SIM card). Today I called T-Mo and activated my data services.

Very easy - no account settings or anything - about 20 min after I called I was browsing the web.

Next I'm tackling email, but I'm posting this from the Treo!

Also the Palm install went easily, but I'm pretty familiar with the Chapura conduits for Outlook.

So you can still color me "Very Happy" :-)

..Chris..
    Got mine yesterday as well. Charging it up right now and gonna install software and such pretty soon. I had them add the free wap access to my plan (my plan is really old and didn't already have it) since some people claimed they could use it to get online.... guess I'll find out soon enough...