1.    #1  
    Hi, I sent this eMail to t-mobile today after I was disconnected, is that the way they usually handle an address change or did I just not read their policies properly.

#########################################
    About cellphone 206xxxxxxx, registered on the name of my wife

Recently I changed my billing address from the address above to xxxx xxth Ave E, Seattle, WA, because we are in the process of moving.

Today my Treo 600 cellphone was not connecting any more. I could not login to myTmobile either.
    When I called support, I was told that my account information could not be verified, so my account was cancelled.
    My wife would have to come to a t-mobile store to identify herself with 3 documents.
    The person did not give me any details what was wrong, would not let me speak to her manager and although she tried to be friendly in tone I felt treated like a criminal.

I understand that you must verify that your customers give you the correct information, but don't you think it would be appropriate to call your customer if they have done something wrong or at least send them an eMail to allow them to correct to clarify or correct the information.

I chose t-mobile because I like their services. But now I find it very very hard to recommend t-mobile to anyone.

If you think that you can reactivate the account without having my wife sacrificing half of her work day please do not "apologise for the inconvenience" but fix the account and let me know by eMail.

Thank you and best regards
    Nope, it's not.

I moved a little less than a year ago, along with my T-mobile plan. I just called and changed my address if I remember correctly, nothing more was done. It continued working just fine, and I get my statements at my new address. I've never once set foot in a T-Mobile store in my life... in fact I don't even know where one is!

Their customer service has always been great from my experience. I've had them for over 2 yrs and the only complaint I've ever had is that they took so long to get me my Treo 600!
    (which came yesterday)

Sorry to hear your (wife's) experience was so negative.