Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So, what do you say people? My status is marked "awaiting shipment", does that mean there is product in the warehouse?
    Will PalmOne deliver early?
    According to the website, "awaiting shipment" just means "Order sent to fulfillment warehouse. Awaiting shipment."

My interpretation is just that the warehouse HAS the order. It doesn't mean they're not going to sit on it for a while. If they don't have any product, then we could be awaiting shipment for another couple weeks. Even though my card has been approved, the charge still hasn't shown up in my account; not even a hold.

On the other hand, it was at "order received" for a while and I'd like to think they actually checked my card because there was progress in the fulfillment chain.

I'd love for it to ship this week, but I'm not going to get my hopes up.

P.S. On a more cynical note...Even if it shipped tomorrow--I've been waiting for this thing for so long and have double-cluched more than once--there's no way I'd consider it "early"
  3.    #3  
    Part of my optimism is the fact that the order is not marked "backorder" which typically means there's no product in the warehouse.

Let's cross our fingers.
    I watched my status go from "order received" to "credit card approved" to "awaiting shipment" -- still no cc charge here, either.

I'm expecting to see the "back ordered" status any time now. At least there's good chance we won't have to *do* anything more -- just wait, and we've all had plenty of practice at doing that
    Originally posted by duoart
    So, what do you say people? My status is marked "awaiting shipment", does that mean there is product in the warehouse?
    Will PalmOne deliver early?
    Yes! And Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy and the Great Pumpkin are going to throw a Mardi Gras party. There will be a Treo stylus in the King Cake.
    Originally posted by whmurray

Yes! And Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy and the Great Pumpkin are going to throw a Mardi Gras party. There will be a Treo stylus in the King Cake.
    wow, someone's a little salty today - but I like your sense of humor.
    When you see the charge actually posted against your card, you will know that the 600 is soon to be shipped. Other than that, I think the orders are just stacked up in a pile at 'the warehouse'.
    Originally posted by jaytee
    When you see the charge actually posted against your card, you will know that the 600 is soon to be shipped. Other than that, I think the orders are just stacked up in a pile at 'the warehouse'.
    Perhaps. I do not believe it until FedEx or UPS say that it is in their hands.
    For what it's worth, my order is showing up as "awaiting shipment" and according to my credit card online access my available credit took a dive of $433.45, but no charges have been added to my account.

So Palm is pre-authorizing cards (pre-charging to reserving funds on a card) which is hopeful, but at the same time merchants can pre-authorize a card for up to 30 days prior to shipping. Once the item is ready to ship they do the deposit. So they could ship this week, or in three weeks.

I guess it's progress.
    FWIW: I ordered a couple of days after the offer was availiable and there is no change to my order status.

Perhaps. I do not believe it until FedEx or UPS say that it is in their hands.
    what??? you skeptical? i never would have guessed!
    Originally posted by jaytee

what??? you skeptical? i never would have guessed!
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.
    Originally posted by jagfly
    For what it's worth, my order is showing up as "awaiting shipment" and according to my credit card online access my available credit took a dive of $433.45, but no charges have been added to my account.

So Palm is pre-authorizing cards (pre-charging to reserving funds on a card) which is hopeful, but at the same time merchants can pre-authorize a card for up to 30 days prior to shipping. Once the item is ready to ship they do the deposit. So they could ship this week, or in three weeks.

I guess it's progress.
    they can pre-authorize (hold that money) for 30 days.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.

I'm going to that one a little later today. Let me tell you, the Tooth Fairy, she's a real party animal!

live from new orleans,
    eric
    Originally posted by keltorsori

I'm going to that one a little later today. Let me tell you, the Tooth Fairy, she's a real party animal!

live from new orleans,
    eric
    In New Orleans, the gender specific pronoun for the Tooth Fairy should always be in quotes.
  16.    #16  

In New Orleans, the gender specific pronoun for the Tooth Fairy should always be in quotes.
    Yeah, even more so the further you get from Canal on Bourbon St.
    FWIW
    HS website order status is unreliable, during the cingular upgrade promo my 600s were delivered 2 days (wed) before order status was updated (fri) on the website.
  18.    #18  
    Originally posted by rhawley
    FWIW: I ordered a couple of days after the offer was availiable and there is no change to my order status.
    Another reason for some of my optimism My wife ordered hers a day or so after me and she's seen no change.

My suspicion is that the first shipment from manufacturing is now spoken for. Additional orders will progress further when more product leaves the dock at the plant.

I'm guessing here...
    Originally posted by duoart

Yeah, even more so the further you get from Canal on Bourbon St.
    We're having an uptown party. Classier people
    I'm hoping the Tooth Fairy will bring my Treo 600 w/ her. HS is saying it's awaiting shipment, so I'm hoping to convince her to fly out and pick it up for me.
    Originally posted by keltorsori

We're having an uptown party. Classier people
    Last edited by whmurray; 02/24/2004 at 05:51 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast