Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I am going to upgrade to a Treo 600. I initially thought I would get a GSM phone but now I am leaning toward staying with Sprint. The ATT data plan is $49.00 vs $15.00 for Sprint. I hear terrible things about T-Mobile customer service and their coverage is not great in my home area. I think my options are Sprint or ATT.

Why would I want to pay more for the ATT service?

Thanks
    Hmmm... I've heard terrible things about Sprint customer service. Personally, I have had good experiences with T-Mo customer service. The coverage isn't quite as good as Sprint here, but it really depends on where you are.

T-Mo is the best deal as far as GSM carriers is concerned if you plan on using any significant data (internet). I lean towards GSM for the international usage also.
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    Has been very good to me. Unlocking handsets for free, keeping my plan cost reasonable and of course providing unlimited data for only $19.95 per month. I can't imagine not being able to switch handsets at will, or not being able to make and receive calls in Europe. Those two factors make GSM a requirement for me.
    Originally posted by z3bum
    Has been very good to me. Unlocking handsets for free, keeping my plan cost reasonable and of course providing unlimited data for only $19.95 per month. I can't imagine not being able to switch handsets at will, or not being able to make and receive calls in Europe. Those two factors make GSM a requirement for me.
    Ditto
    If you've heard bad things about T-Mobile customer service, I would venture a guess that those were somewhat isolated incidents. I've been with T-Mobile for more than 4 years (when they were still Voicestream), and their customer service has only gotten better. I find them to be knowledgeable and helpful.

On the downside for T-Mobile... coverage isn't the best, but I have service everywhere I need it. Sprint has the ability to roam analog, but I thought the Treo is only digital. With T-Mobile, there is not analog roaming.

Also a downside... T-Mobile has offered so many great deals in the last year or so, that I have trouble making calls at times. When the unlimited night minutes kick in every night, I may not be able to make a call on the first try.

Regardless of the downfalls, I will stay with them because of customer service, reasonable voice plans, reasonable data plans, and the option to use any GSM phone I choose.
    sunil
    tmobile has the best customer service out of sprint att and verison. all from my personal experience.