1.    #1  
    I'm currently an ATT customer and my contract (as well as my dad's) is expiring in March. My dad is suggesting that I go to T-Mobile, and test out their service, grab the data plan, etc. I wouldn't mind since $20 for unlimited data sounds a lot better than $70. However, they do not service my area. BUT! (haha) they have an agreement with Cingular so if I got tmobile, I could use my treo here just fine with no roaming. My question is, could I transfer my phone number to Tmobile, even though Tmobile doesnt service this area (directly)... I don't want a lousy south carolina number.

I don't even like my north carolina number but at least it's convenient... :P

I should hurry up and move back to NY...
    You should be able to transfer with some delay. Expect delays whenever you transfer service providers specially when you are coming off AT & T.

Call up PalmOne or T-Mobile, I am sure they will be willing to work your issue up. Ask them up front about T-Mobile not having a direct service to NC.

Go Tarheels!!!
    I moved my Verizon number to T-Mobile earlier this week. It is a local number to where I live, and T-Mobile has service here.

I got a T-Mobile SIM card earlier with a new mobile number; I wanted to try out the phone and service before I gave up Verizon and my old phone.

It took two days to decide that I loved the 600 and the service was fine. I called T-Mobile and spoke to the transfer department. I gave the T-Mo lady my Verizon account number, user name and password, and in less than 12 hours, I had an SMS to my Treo 600 that my T-Mobile number was now the (old) Verizon number.

It could't have been easier.
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    If T-Mobile doesn't service your home address, they won't give you service.

Joe