1.    #1  
    I have found it confusing to know what is the difference between T-Zones and T-Mobile Internet, and how that relates to the Treo.

I'm currently using a Treo 600 on Sprint, but as I'm in Europe 1 - 3 Weeks a month, a GSM phone makes much more sense. However, with T-Mo being more expensive for calls than Sprint (don't ask, I just happen to have a great plan with Sprint), every penny counts if I switch over.

So - will T-Zones work for a T600?
    - Limitations?
    - problems?

I will be getting an unbranded phone, so I don't think I'll need to tell T-Mo too much on what it's going to be used for.

Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated!
    One issue with T-Zones is that it doesn't support secure websites. (HTTPS) You might be able to log in, but transactions are another issue.
    Originally posted by drknucklehead
    One issue with T-Zones is that it doesn't support secure websites. (HTTPS) You might be able to log in, but transactions are another issue.
    Here ya go, if you need more clarification then PM or email me and I'll give ya more indepth info on it:

Tzones provides access to WAP sites and the specially designed Tzones menu. It also provides access to 1 personal pop email address which is setup through either tmobile.com or tzones menu itself. This is not the option you want for a PDA as it is limited and if you can actually access regular sites don't count on that being the case for long since they made it unlimited.

The Tmobile Internet allows unrestricted usage of the internet through your PDA or PCS however you will not have a valid IP Address (will be masked) so secure sites which require a trackable IP Address (secure sites) will refuse your connection, you will however be fully able to access any sites that do not.

Tmobile VPN is the same as Tmobile internet however it provides a valid public IP Address for the session so you are able to access secure websites.

I believe Internet and VPN both allow access to email accounts as well. so basically Tzones is for PCS, Internet is for casual web browsers and VPN is for accessing secure sites.

hope that cleared it up
    Thanks Dredly for clearing things up --

I just spent 20 minutes talking with T-Mobile Support trying to get an answer about these data plan differences.

I went with unlimited VPN for $20/month. I hope it's not slower because of the IP address! (maybe regular Internet has caching proxies or something in between, for increased speed?)
    I have been using t-mobile with t-zones since 2002. I have access to websites, https sites and to pop3 mail. I use the mail prog on my unlocked treo 600 to access my verizon.net pop account and my work pop account. I'm actually posting this message through t-zones. Also, I use handrss to get RSS news feeds on the treo. Did I mention that t-zones access is unlimited? I think if u really need a static ip for vpn then get the internet plan, if not, try t-zones for $4.99.
    Maybe it will work for u and if it isn't enough, u can always switch with a phone call.
    Lewisl77
    Quote Originally Posted by LewisL77
    I have been using t-mobile with t-zones since 2002. I have access to websites, https sites and to pop3 mail. I use the mail prog on my unlocked treo 600 to access my verizon.net pop account and my work pop account. I'm actually posting this message through t-zones. Also, I use handrss to get RSS news feeds on the treo. Did I mention that t-zones access is unlimited? I think if u really need a static ip for vpn then get the internet plan, if not, try t-zones for $4.99.
    Maybe it will work for u and if it isn't enough, u can always switch with a phone call.
    Lewisl77
    You can also listen to shoutcast stations with TZones...
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk
    You can also listen to shoutcast stations with TZones...
    Not any more you can't!

I have the $9.99 plan and all stations not running on port 80 are blocked.

I'm REALLY pissed at T-Mo.
    Quote Originally Posted by duoart
    Not any more you can't!

I have the $9.99 plan and all stations not running on port 80 are blocked.

I'm REALLY pissed at T-Mo.

Anyone have a list of shoutcast streams that work with Tzones. The only one I could find was WNYC AM (NPR).
    Ephman,

For some reason my ports have become unblocked again so I can listen to all shoutcast stations. WYNC seems to be the only one out there on port 80.

What plan do you have $9.99 or $4.99?
    Quote Originally Posted by duoart
    Ephman,

For some reason my ports have become unblocked again so I can listen to all shoutcast stations. WYNC seems to be the only one out there on port 80.

What plan do you have $9.99 or $4.99?
    I had the $19.99 plan Tmobile VPN. Shoutcast worked very well. Downgraded to 4.99 Tzones and shoutcast stopped working. Not sure whether that was simultaneous. I have signed back up again for the 19.99 Tmobile VPN so I can get shoutcast for a couple of long car rides that I am about to take. What is the 9.99 plan?
    I have T-Zones pro because I needed access to our corporate IMAP mail server.