1.    #1  
    At least in Los Angeles....I called them and they say its been down since last night.

Hopefully it will be back up soon.
    Originally posted by MVT
    At least in Los Angeles....I called them and they say its been down since last night.

Hopefully it will be back up soon.
    And it effects T-Mobile, too, since they are sharing towers. Just got off the phone with TMO wireless data group. It's indicated in their system as a Cingular GPRS power outage in California and Nevada. Estimated repair time: 2 hours from now.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks...sounds like TMO knows more about Cingular's network than Cingular since they had no repair estimate.
    Originally posted by MVT
    Thanks...sounds like TMO knows more about Cingular's network than Cingular since they had no repair estimate.
    Yep, one of several reasons I switched fron Cingular to TMO, not to mention unlimited T-Zonez for $5, and unlimited full internet for $20. BTW, just for laughs I priced out an unlimited data plan on Cingular recently and they quoted me $99!
  5.    #5  
    I'm at my computer enough that I didn't need an unlimited plan anyway.

I have friends who switched from Cingular to TMO because they liked the cheaper rate plans. Now they complain that they get spottier coverage though because TMO doesn't use all of Cingular's towers, just most of them.
    Originally posted by MVT
    I'm at my computer enough that I didn't need an unlimited plan anyway.

I have friends who switched from Cingular to TMO because they liked the cheaper rate plans. Now they complain that they get spottier coverage though because TMO doesn't use all of Cingular's towers, just most of them.
    Interesting, because in LA I've noticed that TMO share towers with both Cingular and ATT, so my coverage blows away coverage on either of the others, and I've used both.
  7.    #7  
    GPRS is back up for me.
    Originally posted by MVT
    GPRS is back up for me.
    Me, too!