1.    #1  
    Although it is still difficult to get ahold of a Tmo T600, for those of us who have, the insurance plan that Tmo Offers is INCREDIBLE!

I'm not affilitated, blah blah

For a monthly fee of $4 you are insured against Loss, Theft, Accidental Damage (how do they verify that it's an accident?), and water damage. The deductible for a replacement phone is $75 for the first 60 days that your on the policy, after that it drops to $35! They will replace your $600 T600 for $35!!!!

So to put this in perspective, you've had you're T600 for 2 months, you've paid $8 so far for insurance. You're walking down the street in the rain, drop your T600 in a puddle and it is then run over by a truck. It's totaled. You call the insurance company, make a claim, pay $35 and BAM- you have a new T600 in your hands "as soon as possible (is how they put it)." That's a cost to you of $43!

Also you can make up to 2 claims every 12 months AND if the T600 gets replaced by the mysterious T610 and you break your phone, they will upgrade you as a reploacement! UN-Figgin-Believeable!

I can't believe they only charge a flat rate. I figured it would have tier-pricing depending on the value of your phone, but NO- FLAT RATE!!

If all insurance were this valueble, I would worry a lot less. I know this may sound too good to be true, but i was very meticulous in grilling the Rep and she triple confirmed all of my suspicions. This is a greta value.

I have read other threads here backing this position on Tmo insurance. For anone who wants it, call:

1-888-805-3366

Does anyone have good or bad experience with this?
    We'll overcome you using our technology.
    I wholeheartedly agree with your post. When I had my Samsung SPH-I300 on SprintPCS, I took out the insurance and actually had a chance to use it. For a $500 phone, the $4 a month was a no-brainer for something with an exposed screen.

The screen broke amidst .... ahem .... "getting friendly" with a cute congressional staffer at her apartment one evening. I didn't notice until the next morning when I pulled the phone out that the screen was completely cracked. Totally useless. Called SprintPCS, they had a replacement out to me in a day or two, and I simply shipped my old one back. It couldn't have been easier.

This is why I've held off on buying any way other than through T-Mo retail ... I want the contract extension upgrade, and I want the insurance no doubt. Doing it through them is the only way to be sure that I'll get both.....
    Toomer
    Will they insure a T600 purchased through Handspring? What if it was a Cingular branded unlocked unit? I don't own a T600 yet, but I'm planning on getting the $399 upgrade deal when it becomes available. Am I eligable?
  4.    #4  
    I don't see why not. It sounds to me like it doesn't matter where you got it from, as long as it's on thier service. I ordered mine from a private company (BusFish.com) and it's not even here yet, but they signed me right up. If you want it straight form the horse's mouth, give them a call and they can confirm it for you.
    MoseGiganticus is right. I've a Cingular T600 with a Tmo account. I called Tmo and signed up for an equipment insurance. The handset insurance is provided by Asurion, but billed by Tmo. I pay $3.99 per month for this insurance. Great deal considering the potential benefit should you lose or damage your T600.
    Actually the secnario you mentioned where you had it for 2months would cost you 75 bux as it is 90 days from purchase of the plan where it is 75.00 replacement cost (still better then another 600) and if you read the small print they MAY sub another phone for it... Just try not to test this out to throughly until the 600 becomes widely avail

It is an excellent plan though. It also covers some accessories (SD cards, chargers... up to 1,000 I believe, read your policy)

And Dtoombs I wouldn't count on the contract extention option being avail for months at least. Pre-orders for the T600 have just been made avail, begining to be shipped in early march and Tmo has stated they will do all sells through handspring.com so I have no idea if they will ever offically release it through the upgrade, if they do it won't be for a while
    with no subsidies from t-mo unless you get a new activiation, you are stuck buying phones at quite a few bucks in some instances. i am hoping to have a treo600 soon and then buy the old ball and chain one of "those cute flip phones."

does the insurance apply to the phones separately or all the phones on an account (familytime plan)?

- cb

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dredly

It is an excellent plan though. It also covers some accessories (SD cards, chargers... up to 1,000 I believe, read your policy)
    The T-Mo insurance plan is a great deal, which is paid for in part by other T-Mobile users with cheap phones. The guy with the free flip phone pays the same as me. But if I lose my phone, I get the Treo paid for ($600+); the SD card ($65); Screen protector ($13); and Egrips ($13).

Even if I never use the insurance plan, it is worth the premium for my peace of mind.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  9.    #9  
    The T-Mo insurance plan is a great deal, which is paid for in part by other T-Mobile users with cheap phones. The guy with the free flip phone pays the same as me. But if I lose my phone, I get the Treo paid for ($600+); the SD card ($65); Screen protector ($13); and Egrips ($13).
    I called the Tmo Insurance provider to double check on this... actually they will NOT replace accessories unless they are standard accessories that came with the phone, basically the things that came in the box.

So your SD card, screen protector, etc... will not be covered. But maybe you could pull a fast one on them, but then you're getting into fraud country...

Despite this unfortunate discovery, the Tmo insurance is STILL totally worth every penny.
    I wouldn't get nearly so excited about the handset insurance offered through T-Mobile. I also thought about it ... then I called Assurion and spoke directly with a service rep. The details are a little foggy as it was months ago (I got one of the first Cingular Treo 600s) so I hope that someone can confirm this.

1. Assurion will NOT pay you to replace your phone.

2. Neither will they reiumburse you.

3. The WILL replace your handset (this is where it gets a little 'foggy' with an identical model OR CLOSEST CAPABLE MATCH FROM THEIR INVENTORY. I'm not sure if this is from T-Mobile inventory or from their company inventory.

There are several complications, here. Sure, they'll cover you ... but chances are, they will NOT stock large reserves (if at all) of the Treo 600 handset.

Under contract, if they are unable to immediately provide an identical replacement handset (very likely) they will replace it with the closest model in terms of capabilities - which is NOT something most people want.

This may be a very big problem considering that T-Mobile is not, at this time, stocking the T600. At this point in time, I don't even know if the replacement handsets are coming from T-Mobile inventory.

If anyone can confirm this that would be great. I hope I am wrong...