View Poll Results: How many of us Tmo customers are fuming at Tmo reluctance to confirm a released date?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm fed up!

37 82.22%
  • I'm not very upset

8 17.78%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Recently, Tmo released a memo stating a consumer release date for the T600 of 2/2. Handspring recently changed the wording on their site to read:

"We currently plan to begin taking pre-orders for T-Mobile in mid-February and expect to start shipping in early March."

I called both Handspring and Tmo to point out their conflicting stories to them, and they both said more or less "well, gee... I'm not sure what to tell you" Tmo said 2/2, HS says mid feb, shipping in March! that's unacceptible (unless they plan to offer the rumored T610)!

GGGGGRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

I gave the brunt of my frustration to T-mo because they are the ones draggin their heels. I've threatened to drop their service over this twice. Last time they credited me a month on my bill and this time they gave me 50 bonus roll-over minutes (good for 90 days).

Here's my plan. Everyone who is as frustrated as I am with how Tmo is treating us, please call Customer Service, complain, threated to switch carriers (that's the CSR's cue to offer you some incentive to stay, eg credits and bonus minutes) and request that the CSR you talk to mention your frustration, and the Tmo/Treo community's frustration over their failure to provide this phone to their manager. If you can get a supervisor on the phone, all the better. I want to see this issue get up the ladder.

Here's Tmo's number: 1-800-937-8997

Let's start a customer riot here. Once Tmo sees they just credited 50 people a month's service, they may take a closer look at what they're doing.

Organize and overcome!
    Originally posted by MoseGiganticus
    Recently, Tmo released a memo stating a consumer release date for the T600 of 2/2. Handspring recently changed the wording on their site to read:

"We currently plan to begin taking pre-orders for T-Mobile in mid-February and expect to start shipping in early March."
    Where do you see this on Handsprings site? Can you give us the URL.

This is the page I've been watching and it hasn't changed: HS Promotion Page
    • Click the "Buy It" link
    • Enter your zip code, select the "Yes" radio button, select T-Mobile from the pull-down menu, then click "Submit
    • The page that loads contains the following:

We currently plan to begin taking pre-orders for T-Mobile in mid-February and expect to start shipping in early March. To get notified when our T-Mobile-compatible version becomes available, please sign up for our e-newsletter.
    groan...
    > [...where is the "T-Mobile's coming" notice...]

Bottom of this page and and on the "shipping delay" page:

-- http://www.handspring.com/products/c...overview.jhtml
    Interesting... Look at _all_ the ship dates. Looks like they are getting shipments in later than they expected. Maybe a bunch (define 'a bunch' ... ) are coming in on Feb 23rd now... That could be why the rumored Feb 16th ship date was moved to 'early' March instead... the 'next' batch?
    I am as frustrated as everyone on this board. People are starting to wonder why I keep muttering:

'Why didn't I take the unlock Cingular? Why!'

AT&T is looking better and better.
    I'm a T-Mobile customer who bought the Cingular phone. I remember the HS CSR's statements to me when I bought mine on November 3: "Yes, the Cingular version will work fine on T-Mobile, but the T-Mobile version will probably be released before your Cingular phone is shipped in a few weeks. Why not wait for T-Mobile?"

I'm glad I didn't listen to the CSR back then. I would still be waiting.

I hope the $399 upgrade offer is still good when the T-Mobile version is finally released. I have an extra T-180 which I may use for the upgrade price.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Posted by Ryan over at Palminfocenter:
    T-Mobile Treo 600
    palmOne will begin taking pre-orders for the GSM Treo 600 for the T-Mobile network beginning in mid-February. The company expects to start shipping T-Mobile orders in early March.

check their site for details
  10.    #10  
    We know that. That's what this whole thread is about. Mid-feb is too late and that's what we are all furious about. Either I'm misinterpreting your post, or you are a little out of the loop. Thanks for the help though.
    I keep having this recurring nightmare that the upgrade plan for T-Mo never materializes and I find myself in a situation where I'm forced to either shell out $600 or switch to Sprint to get the Amazon deal.

Given all the long lead times, is it possible that PalmOne is shipping all they can make to people who are willing to pay full price rather than make units available for "loyalty upgrade discount " customers?

Could be you know!
    Honestly, why the increased blood pressure levels? At the risk of saying something sacreligious, it is just a phone. A superphone, to be sure, and one that we'd all like to get, but it isn't as if I'm wasting away from hunger, or consumed by actual pain at the wait. I had hoped to pick up a Treo for Christmas, but once I decided on T-Mo for a provider, there's really nothing to do but wait. And while the lack of info is frustrating, at this point I've been biding my time for about 2 months, so you know, it seems entirely futile for people to start steaming and threaten to jump ship for AT&T at this point.

I guess I'm just blase about the whole deal. yeah, I'd like one Right Now, but since that's not gonna happen, I suppose another week or two till I can order won't kill me. Perspective, people. You'll get your phone eventually.
    I'm in no particular hurry, but I am worried that I'll be stuck paying a price that's considerably higher than what others have paid. I can understand having to pay a premium for a brand new "state of the art" product, but the T600 has been available for months now and prices appear to be holding firm or even increasing. The hype is at it's zenith so the need to keep "loyal" customers happy is rapidly becoming less vital. PalmOne is selling T600s as fast as they can build them.

Theres lots of Sprinties out there with the T600. PalmOne does not need the T-Mo types as walking advertisements and T-Mo clearly has no interest in promoting the T600. The PalmOne site clearly states there is not guarantee the upgrade price will be available.

Understand why we're worried?
    The delays were driving me nuts for awhile, but now the initial hunger pangs are gone. I was hoping they'd make it up to us and release the Treo 610 for Tmobile first (better screen - wish they'd said better camera, too).... but if i've waited this long, maybe i can wait longer for a 610 instead going with tmobile in march...
    Originally posted by heberman I'm a T-Mobile customer who bought the Cingular phone
    How do you that and avoid being sucked into a year commitment with Cingular?
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    -Mark Twain
  16.    #16  
    Hmmm, there seems to be a little bit of a divide on this topic. i originally expected it to be more one sided.

Price is a major issue, customer service is another (yanking us around), and the failure to commit is yet another. It's this three proged attack that infuriates me, personally.

Yes, to some it will always be JUST a phone. But to me, it's a change in lifesytle. The 270 did wonders for my quality of life, and I expect nothing les from the T600.
    Originally posted by m00se

How do you that and avoid being sucked into a year commitment with Cingular?
    many t-mo users bought the 600 from handspring during the $399 deal since we knew it came unlocked.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Originally posted by Felipe
    many t-mo users bought the 600 from handspring during the $399 deal since we knew it came unlocked.
    Can I still do it now for the price it is being offered? When I try to order a phone via PalmOne/Handspring and Cingular, I am required to sign up with Cingular... I want the phone not a contract with Cingular.
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    -Mark Twain
    Originally posted by m00se

Can I still do it now for the price it is being offered? When I try to order a phone via PalmOne/Handspring and Cingular, I am required to sign up with Cingular... I want the phone not a contract with Cingular.
    m00se - Unfortunately, it was only a 'limited' offer (30 days, I think) from the date of initial release. It's documented pretty good on some older threads. I opted to NOT take advantage of this deal, hedging that by the time I actually received the unit, that T-Mobile would be offering the T600. I am now regretting it to this day I was so close to ordering it on the deadline day.

To the others who posted to why some people are anxious to get just a 'phone'. I am assuming that you do not currently have a Treo, else you will know that it is much more than a 'phone'. I have a Treo 180 that is pretty much unusable (cracked screen and broken lid) and frustrated that I cannot just replace it with a T-Mobile T600.

I have fully brought onto the idea that convergence is a great thing and the pluses have been posted on many threads (and minuses too )

I just want my MTV! oops.. I mean T600
    I gave the brunt of my frustration to T-mo because they are the ones draggin their heels. I've threatened to drop their service over this twice. Last time they credited me a month on my bill and this time they gave me 50 bonus roll-over minutes (good for 90 days).

Here's my plan. Everyone who is as frustrated as I am with how Tmo is treating us, please call Customer Service, complain, threated to switch carriers (that's the CSR's cue to offer you some incentive to stay, eg credits and bonus minutes) and request that the CSR you talk to mention your frustration, and the Tmo/Treo community's frustration over their failure to provide this phone to their manager. If you can get a supervisor on the phone, all the better. I want to see this issue get up the ladder.
    So basically what your going to do is call a CCR who has no control at all over what information they are given and ***** at them to ruin their day so that you can get 50 bonus minutes? Heres an idea... QUIT!!! Leave tmobile! what a concept! IF they don't have the phone you want then go somewhere else. I despise people like you who find it amusing to attack people who have no control over the current situation. "If I call and ***** I'll get 50 bonus minutes" grow the hell up and get a life. Tmobile customer care, Tech support and Wireless data have 0 control over when a phone gets released or if it ever does. so stop taking it out on them. If you want it so badly go buy it from any number of online places. they are selling it for 550 or so and tmobile has already stated they Will NOT sell the phone they will just support it so banish the thought of an upgrade/discount from your pitful little mind.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast