View Poll Results: How many of us Tmo customers are fuming at Tmo reluctance to confirm a released date?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm fed up!

37 82.22%
  • I'm not very upset

8 17.78%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Well, my understanding of the palmone upgrade deal is taked from their website directly:
    We expect service from T-Mobile to be available soon. When T-Mobile service becomes available, we will add it to this reward program.* At that time you will be able to upgrade to a T-Mobile Treo 600 for only $399.**
    seems pretty unambiguous to me.

I don't have a treo currently, so I'm just hoping for new service contract rebate to lessen the sting. But either way, I have $600 and I'm not afraid to use it

I'm definately a whole-hearted supporter of convergance - or at least the idea of it! I've never owned a pda of any sort, or a phone that did anything special. And even though I desperately want one, I've held of in getting a pda because I don't like carrying all that many gadgets around... so I've been waiting for pretty much exactly this device to come out for rather a long time. I guess in light of that, a little bit more waiting just doesn't faze me. haha, although actually - the only irritating thing is that I've been holding off on getting a 2004 planner since I did expect to have this a while ago, and now I stubbornly refuse to buy one at this point - consequently all my meetings and appointments are a jumble of post-it notes and scribbles on a wall calender. mmmm low-tech :lol:
    From the same Handspring/palmOne web page:

== "...The offer for T-Mobile plans will be available for only three
    == weeks beginning from the date they are added to the
    == program..."

This suggests that one will get that discount ONLY if one PREorders the T-Mobile TREO 600 since the 3 weeks will have passed by the time the TREO 600 is supposed to start shipping sometime in March from the start of the "addition to the program".
    Dates have come and gone with a T-Mobile release. It can be July before the T600 is being offered. I can wait, I have T270 and I like it a lot. Yet, I am disappointed with the T-Mobile situation simply because other carriers DO carry them (Cingular, AT&T Wireless and Sprint PCS). One can buy T600 GSM unlocked on eBay, but it will cost you anywhere between $650-$900. At Buy.com it will cost you close to $600. Check this link for other sites that offer them: http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_g...eo%20600%20GSM
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    -Mark Twain
    I can live with the wait for T-Mobile to get their act together but my problem is how they are handling things. Setting a date and then completely missing it and then just setting a new date is unacceptable, the least they could do is provide a reason for the delay. I just think it is really rude and disrespectful to customers, to keep pushing the release date back and providing no explanation as to why. But Hey maybe thats just me.
  5.    #25  
    First of all Dredly, your flaming is not appreciated. I find it to be highly hypocritical of you to be yelling at me to stop yelling at people.

Secondly, I never said anything about ruining the CSR's day. I worked in CS and I know what it's like to deal with an angry customer. I never EVER take it out on the CSR. I speak to them very calmly and explain my perspective. I am well aware of the CSR's roll in the sceme of things. And I understand that they do not choose the phones that are available. The CSR's job is to be the representative of the company to the customer, hence the title "Customer Service Representative." It's their job to hear the customer's complaints (which DOES NOT mean screaming and cursing) and to provide possible solutions. So you need to calm down and re-evaluate your own behavior.

Thirdly, although I present a very calm demeanor to the CSR, I am extremely upset with Tmo as a company (which is why I said they bore the brunt of my frustration, as opposed to Handspring). So, when the CSR offers me 50 bonus minutes or a month of free service, I'm pretty sure it doesn't come out of thier paycheck, it comes from Tmo's bottom line. If people do not complain about things, the company has no customer feedback to base their decisions on. My goal is to provide Tmo with a direct correlation between these complaints (and their bottom line) with the way they are handling the T600.

No CSRs were harmed in the making of this Thread.

Some pitiful little minds were.

Dredly, settle down and provide constructive feedback, lest you ruin someone's day.
    Well, like most folks here who are still awaiting the Tmo release of the Treo 600, I long ago grew weary of the constantly changing dates. Esp. when I realized (waaaaay after the fact) that the Cingular model offered by Handspring during the upgrade period would have been my best alternative. However, the frustration factor sent me back to the research drawing board. As a direct consequence, I wound up paying $125 (a $150 rebate will replenish my wallet) for a "Series 60" SymbianOS phone, specifically, the Nokia 3650 (chosen after first spending quality time at Handango's Mobile Phones section & other sites, to see what precise software was available, and assorted user-feedback forums).

Since it's BlueTooth enabled, I keep it in my pocket/purse while using my keyboard-built-in TG50 to browse the Net, email, etc. Using add-on software to the phone, I have a highly configurable blacklist (no caller ID and banned users get a constant busy signal while a log notes the event, for example), individualized greetings (by person, phone number and/or group) and ringtones (any midi file will do-- thousands of freebies available, even my adored Old School Motown tunes!), the ability to browse both WAP and non-WAP sites, and a slew of other who-knew-a-cell-could-do-dat features. If desired, I could even email/SMS directly from the phone itself. Well worth paying the broken contract Verizon fee to hop on over to Tmo (3650's radio is super-strong, so no reception hassles in the major cities I frequent the most).

In short, I've satisfied that gadget-lust vibe, long enough to now wait COMFORTABLY for the improved Treo 610 or whatever they wind up calling it, whether released in March 2004 or 2005. Best of all, I now know that when I do make that leap, I've still got one heck of a backup feature-rich phone in case the Treo acts up. Meanwhile, I've got a PalmOS device that is a powerhouse BlueTooth/hi-res PDA, as well as a powerhouse cell phone. The only compromise = carrying two rather than one device. All things considered, **as a personal matter**, that beats the heck outta living with ever changing release dates, for a device that would take me backwards, resolution- & BlueTooth-wise.

Just a food-for-thought tidbit for your consideration. For me, it's called making the best of a profoundly dumb situation.
    Originally posted by MoseGiganticus
    First of all Dredly, your flaming is not appreciated. I find it to be highly hypocritical of you to be yelling at me to stop yelling at people.

Secondly, I never said anything about ruining the CSR's day. I worked in CS and I know what it's like to deal with an angry customer. I never EVER take it out on the CSR. I speak to them very calmly and explain my perspective. I am well aware of the CSR's roll in the sceme of things. And I understand that they do not choose the phones that are available. The CSR's job is to be the representative of the company to the customer, hence the title "Customer Service Representative." It's their job to hear the customer's complaints (which DOES NOT mean screaming and cursing) and to provide possible solutions. So you need to calm down and re-evaluate your own behavior.

Thirdly, although I present a very calm demeanor to the CSR, I am extremely upset with Tmo as a company (which is why I said they bore the brunt of my frustration, as opposed to Handspring). So, when the CSR offers me 50 bonus minutes or a month of free service, I'm pretty sure it doesn't come out of thier paycheck, it comes from Tmo's bottom line. If people do not complain about things, the company has no customer feedback to base their decisions on. My goal is to provide Tmo with a direct correlation between these complaints (and their bottom line) with the way they are handling the T600.

No CSRs were harmed in the making of this Thread.

Some pitiful little minds were.

Dredly, settle down and provide constructive feedback, lest you ruin someone's day.

I agree 100%
    Originally posted by Blackhawk5

I agree 100%
    You stated nothing in your original post about being calm or relaxed while talking to the CSR Most people when they call about an issue which is upsetting them to any company will scream and yell and encouraging other people to do the same will just encourage more people to call and rant and rave. If you are one of the few rare customers that do not take everything out on the first person they speak with I apologize, but I assure you that you are the in the minority

Now I'm not trying to defend Tmobile but do you think there is a chance that the problem is that Handspring won't deliver what Tmobile requested? Or that Tmobile quality control (Don't laugh somone must hold that title somewhere) were not satisfied with the system?

Personally I have a feeling a lot had to do with either: The unlocked version being sold at discount as many other people have taken advantage of that, turned around and left the company they bought it with (whole purpose of a subsidy unlock). A problem with past issues dealing with Handspring (Visor Phones, 180, 270) money issues or possibly how the devices were to be sold? Possibly stock? Average delay on orders right now is 2 - 4 weeks. if the tmobile phone is the same as the AT&T or the Cingular with just different software and they can't produce the hardware allowing people to buy the phone for a month after order now what is going to happen when Tmobile offers it with the 399 pricetag? Handspring can't fill current orders, do you think they'll be able to fill another 1/2 a million orders?

Perhaps Handspring is the one dragging their feet about the release just as much as Tmobile? (No I'm not trying to defend them just playing devils advocate here) How upset would you be if you ordered the phone in november and recieved it in january? Personally I would be even more upset and it would turn from "when is it going to be released so I can order" to "I ordered this a month ago and still haven't gotten it"

Its a situation where noone wins, Handspring dropped the ball on production, Tmobile dropped it on keeping the cust informed and putting pressure on Handspring.
    In your guys opinion, which other phone would you guys recommend as a PDA/Phone combo(other than the Treo 600). I had the TMobile Pocket PC Phone Edition, and that one sucked a$$. It was too bulky and did not function well.

I would want to get a really good PDA phone since the Treo 600 is not available.

Thanks,

Stan(obviously I'm frustrated)
    <placeyouremail@here.com>....Relaying denied.
    IP name lookup failed [10.196.223.228]
    Originally posted by Dredly

Its a situation where noone wins, Handspring dropped the ball on production, Tmobile dropped it on keeping the cust informed and putting pressure on Handspring.
    This is what I'm upset about... I wouldn't be half as upset with the whole situation if someone would just provide some information about what is acctually going on. Right now all I see is alot of other service providers have their phones out and T-Moble doesn't and that makes me thing that the problem truely does lie with T-Moble. Not to mention the fact that T-Moble always seems slow to release their new phones.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12