1.    #1  
    TMO Treo 600 users: please post if this is still the case or not?

AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $T$-$Mobile$ $is$ $the$ $only$ $US$ $carrier$ $that$ $has$ $never$ $supported$ $a$ $voice$ $mail$ $icon$ $on$ $any$ $Treo$. $The$ $only$ $way$ $to$ $be$ $notified$ $of$ $a$ $waiting$ $VM$ $has$ $always$ $been$ $by$ $SMS$ $only$.
    No voicemail icon for me on T-Mo. Never. Just SMS notifications (and alerts).
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    On both my 270 and now my 600, my T-Mo always gives me the little envelope icon with voicemail. I've never gotten SMS notification.
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by Alli
    On both my 270 and now my 600, my T-Mo always gives me the little envelope icon with voicemail. I've never gotten SMS notification.
    That's amazing since TMO just told me they still do not support the Voicemail Icon on any Treo. But what do they know anyway?

Are you using a TMO corporate account, by chance? If not, can you tell us your about your GSM Treo 600? And why do you get a VM icon and not heberman or me, or a hundred others.

One more thing: can you tap it?
    I'm using a Cingular handset, but same as on my 270 (all 4 of them), I've always gotten the voicemail icon, and yes all I do is tap it to then dial my voicemail. That even happened when I was roaming out of my home area. Maybe something to do with my sim card? I'm on my 2nd sim card though, and both have had the voicemail icon.

Finally, no I'm not a corporate customer, just a regular individual account.

I have seen a few other posts here in the past from people who got the icon from T-Mo. It does seem to depend totally on the region but it doesn't seem to follow any discernable pattern.
    it is region based.

maybe companies the t-mo purchased?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Could be. My T-Mo used to be VoiceStream, and was Digiph before that.