Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    I recently called AT&T Wireless to inquire about a detail of wireless number portability. I'm looking to get a Treo 600 with Sprint, if coverage is good. So I asked them about my account being cancelled after the porting. They said its true and that's what I understand.

I'm currently under contract with AT&T and would like to keep the service, I just want two phones. They said there is no way to get around the early termination fee. Its crazy. They are willing to lose me as a customer because they can't work around that. Unbelievable?

Joe
    i dont understand.

you want to keep att and also have sprint service?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Must you have your current number on the Sprint phone? If not, just sign up with Sprint and get a new number.

If you really need to port the number, ask AT&T if they can assign a new number to your existing phone and let you port the old number to Sprint. That way you'll still have an AT&T account, so they probably won't charge you the termination fee.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    Yeah, I don't want to have to pay the cancellation fee with AT&T. I'd rather keep it and drop the plan way down.

I tried getting them to give me a new number and port the current, they said its not possible. I guess if I keep the Sprint Treo, it'll be with a new number. I just think its crazy.

Joe