1.    #1  
    After 30 minutes with Cingular CSRs, I still don't have a answer to my question.

How does one download and receive emails from the xxxx@mycingular.com account that's provided with the mywirelesswindow account? It doesn't appear that this is a POP-based service, as there's no POP or SMTP servers listed. Is this goofy email account strictly web-based? If so, what's the point?

Also, since my other POP-based accounts do not allow access to their smtp servers from outside their networks, how does one send emails from the Treo???

Mark
    It doesn't appear that this is a POP-based service, as there's no POP or SMTP servers listed. Is this goofy email account strictly web-based? If so, what's the point?
    You are correct, it is web based only. It was originally designed for the wap phones using the browsers built into them.

Also, since my other POP-based accounts do not allow access to their smtp servers from outside their networks, how does one send emails from the Treo???
    You can try to find an email service that is free sign up for thier email and use their smtp address. I use yahoo, but I pay $20 a year to use their smtp servers.
    I spent the same 30 minutes on the phone as you did...

There are actually two ways to do it...

(1) NOT RECOMMENDED! is to point your Blazer browser to www.mywirelesswindow.com and work your way through the screens to retrieve email. This blows a ton of data if you are on a limited plan. I had the Cingular person telling me to do that and I had to stop her and say, "Doesn't that mean I can only check this like twice a month without going over my plan?" and she said, "Well, we aren't an email company...." DUH!

(2) BETTER WAY: Point your browser to this link:

http://www.infospace.com/_1_6Z5T010Y...1/index_em.wml

It is the WML door into Cingular's email.