1.    #1  
    I have had a T600 since early December through the Cingular path. I had T-Zones data on my account already and found it to be very useful on the Treo with the exception it could not make secure web-sites. After a couple of weeks which included erratic connections to my Email, I provisioned my account with T-mobile Internet to see if it was more stable. Initially, they both seemed equally fast.

Since then I went through the same experience many of you reported where the T-mobile Internet Service was unavailable. During the outages, I found T-Zones continued to work on days when T-Mobile Internet was out, and continued to seem as fast as its more expensive counterpart. As I was thinking of dropping T-Mobile Internet for T-Zones (equally fast and T-Zones was more stable in the long run), things started to change....

Friday, 1/23 both T-Zones and T-Mobile Internet were slow and by 4:00p.m. both seemed to be unusable. Saturday 1/24 after 6:00 p.m. both returned to functionality, but now T-Zones is noticably slower then T-Mobile Internet. Hmmm......

Now I am 'stuck' with the more expensive plan based on speed alone, but with the add-on of the ability to get to secure sites. Sounds like a marketing plan to me....

1) Anyone else notice these issues? (I am in the NJ/NYC market area)
    2) Anyone with technical knowledge of the differences between the two services care to weigh in?
    3)Anyone get to a secure (e.g. banking) web site using T-Zones, and if so, using what settings on the Treo?
    I'm not positive but I'vew been noticing the same thing. It is very possible that now that Tmobile is offering unlimited usage on their tzones that they will restrice access to the www. It would be rather absurd to do it otherwise. Why use the 19.99 option to access websites for unlimited usage when you can use the 4.99 one and get the exact same functioning?
    Can you provide more information about the $4.99 option ?
    I'm thinking of moving from ATT to T-Mobile and if I can get unlimited data for $4.99 I'd like to know how and what to ask for.
    Thanks
    Adam.
    ashepp, it's even better than that, you can actually get FREE web browsing with T-Mobile. Look at this thread here:

I saw your other post and I just hope your AT&T T600 is unlocked.

Good Luck!
    Originally posted by ashepp
    I'm thinking of moving from ATT to T-Mobile and if I can get unlimited data for $4.99 I'd like to know how and what to ask for.
    AT&T's Treo 600s are locked so you will not be able to use yours with T-Mobile. Having said that, there were several threads circulating here (do a quick search), as to how to obtain the code(s) to unlock the T600. Good luck. And, oh: I do like T-Mobile service a lot
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    -Mark Twain
  6.    #6  
    T-Zones is free with some voice plans, and they are not tracking data volume on any plan as far as I know. If your plan does not qualify for free T-Zones, they have one for $4.99/mo. They also have one for $9.99/mo, but I can't see what you get that you don't get on the $4.99 plan. If $9.99 T-Zones would get you to secure websites, then there would not seem to be a reason to buy the $19.99 T-Mobile Internet. Right now, I am on T-Mobile Internet and it has worked and seemed faster (loading web pages) than T-Zones for about a week or so. Both seem equally fast at fetching Email (I am useing SnapperMail).
    Originally posted by davidk6235
    T-Zones is free with some voice plans, and they are not tracking data volume on any plan as far as I know. If your plan does not qualify for free T-Zones, they have one for $4.99/mo. They also have one for $9.99/mo, but I can't see what you get that you don't get on the $4.99 plan. If $9.99 T-Zones would get you to secure websites, then there would not seem to be a reason to buy the $19.99 T-Mobile Internet. Right now, I am on T-Mobile Internet and it has worked and seemed faster (loading web pages) than T-Zones for about a week or so. Both seem equally fast at fetching Email (I am useing SnapperMail).
    9.99 option gives you access to secure business email instead of general pop3 access. Beyond that it is pretty much the same and the free "tzones" is only for downloading stuff, not real usage