1.    #1  
    Anyone else get a smart card update 0015-9000 from 1 992 472 7669 early sat morning?

anyone know what it did?

btw, rumors state that t-mo is rolling out update the time on your cell phone. will this work for the treo?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I haven't gotten a message like that, but the other day I got a strange SMS that merely said OTA OK. I assumed it was some sort of smartcard thing.
    I got the same on my Nokia 3650 and Sony Ericsson T616 (2 seperate SIMs). All I got was the OTA OK as well.
    I got the same message ( Smart Card Updated-0032 9000 ) back on Jan 15th from the same sender (+1972...7669)

I'm using T-Mo in Chicago.

What the heck is it?
    And there is nothing worse than an OTA that's not OK...
    I also got the mysterious message at about 4am one day last week
    I am using TMO in NJ
    Originally posted by Felipe
    Anyone else get a smart card update 0015-9000 from 1 992 472 7669 early sat morning?

anyone know what it did?

btw, rumors state that t-mo is rolling out update the time on your cell phone. will this work for the treo?
    Hi I received a smart card update as well, however I haven't noticed any differences. At this point I have no idea what if anything it changed.

??????
    No good deed goes unpunished
    I got that message as well Smart Card Updated-0015 9000 from 19924727669
    at 1/25/04 6:53 pm
    I got the update too...

Here's the useful info from the link that jskier posted:

The most recent SIM updates for T-Mobile that entire markets may have seen were updating your home network code on the SIM. T-Mobile has been switching the entire country to the same network code. If your SIM still had the older network code your phone, depending on the model, may show the roaming indicator while you are in your home area. There aren't any charges if it does show roaming, but some people may worry about it.

I don't hink there will be any noticeable difference to our t-mo service. Except that our phones will now collect tons of consumer information on our calling habits and contact list, then txt out targeted advertising to our phones and our contacts lists. I hear the T600 update will also take pictures of you in the bathroom and post it to a Tmo internal website.

Yes, I'm kidding.
    I asked T-Mobile what the update was for and here is the reply that I got....
    Response (Chris) - 01/26/2004 02:50 AM
    ....We have recently been sending over the air updates to our customers to update the sim card in accordance with updates in our system. Have a great weekend.
    A clasic CS Rep. move - repeat the question and then close the issue without answering the question.
    The earlier "preferred" network list on the T-Mobile SIM's had all the legacy network codes (MCC-MNC), with the 310-260 MNC set as the home network. Now with the nationwide changeover to 310-260, they performed an OTA (Over the Air) update to remove the legacy networks. This leaves only 2 networks...310-260 (T-Mobile universal MNC, 310-170 Cingular/T-Mobile CA/NV MNC)...among other intl. carriers like T-Mobile UK, DE, etc.
    -Anshul
    Yes, I got the same update here in CT. I have not noticed anything different yet..
    It appears that the SIM upgrade is to improve service for international travelers. You can receive a new SIM via mail, along with a SIM card copier (to quickly transfer your phone book and text messages to your new SIM card). Call T-Mobile at 1-800-797-0461, or visit https://www.t-mobile.com/newsim/ It is a free service.
    I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.
    -Mark Twain
    Most people won't notice a change unless you have very old sim/very old HS. It will help update from SOl/Arial/Powertel/VS to say Tmobile and also some minor problems with roaming in sertain markets with other partners