1.    #1  
    Hi

I've been reading about the $4 lock-line replacement Insurance available for treo 600's that are being used with various carriers including Sprint.

Is there an equivalent program for T-mobile? I could have sworn that someone had sent me a link to one but for the life of me I haven't been able to find it.

I've also done various searches here on Treo Central but have only been able to find the Lock-line thread which does not cover tmobile phones.

Thanks in advance for the heads-up!
    No good deed goes unpunished
    I researched this before. T-Mobile used to sell Lock-line insurance but dropped it a few years back. However, they DO have a handset replacement program where you pay a flat $75 to replace the phone. I've replaced my 270 three times including the order I placed today. The only time they charged me the $75 is when I broke the phone in half at the flip. The other times were due to poor signal strength and a 2 pixel wide vertical line constantly on the screen. Once you consider the price of the Treo and the $35 deductable Lock-Line charges in addition to the $4 monthly you would have to pay... $75 seemed like a good deal. The only downside would be not being able to do the same with a lost or stolen phone.

Hope this helps.

:shortcut: WHoLiGaN
    I have the $4 plan from t-mo. just call them and ask for info on insuring your phone.

Equip Prot by Asurion is what is says on my bill.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I also have the $4/mo plan from T-Mo. I called Asurion directly. The plan covers loss, theft and breakage. Claims w/in the first 3 months have a $75 deductible, after that $35. And you can only make a limited number of claims each year (I think they said 4), although the point is not to have to make any. Also, although I have my T-600 for several months, I waited until T-Mo actually carried it (at least through business accounts) until I signed up.
  5.    #5  
    ASURION

Thats the coverage I was looking for, after almost loosing my phone at the gym the other night, I have resolved to stop procrastinating.

Thanks!

--------------------

Update: Just added the coverage alot of peace of mind for $3.99
    Last edited by Prismatic; 01/22/2004 at 09:51 AM.
    No good deed goes unpunished
    Just actually saw it on the T-Mo website under additional services today. Must be a recent add on. Here's a clip...

Equipment Protection Service - The Equipment Protection Service is provided by Asurion Insurance Services, Inc. and protects your phone or device in the event of loss, theft or accidental damage. For details, please contact Asurion toll free at 1-888-805-3366. $3.99

I have it for my now feeble in comparison $200 phone. Much rather have to pay the deductable rather than buy a new phone.