1.    #1  
    Oh my....

A treo 610 updated with a high-res screen, bluetooth and more memory by 3/1/04???

Check out gizmodo.com for the rumor or their link to bargainpda.com for the specifications on the new device.

http://www.bargainpda.com/price/defa...ay=priceDetail

If true, could T-Mobile be sharp enough to hold out, or is everyone just yanking our collective chain?
    if this is true, depending on how palm one handles it, could be the cause of a class action suit..
    i'm curious, how so?
    if the 610 comes out for a similar price of something clearly inferior they only started selling 2 months ago...there will be many a customer who felt mislead by a desperate handspring. watch it happen if the 610 comes out without a very appeasing upgrade path
    Noted. Thanks.
    Originally posted by illdefined
    if this is true, depending on how palm one handles it, could be the cause of a class action suit..
    Thats like saying a company isn't allowed to update and improve it's products over time, and offer something that is superior to their previous offering, model or prduct without the fear of reprucussions from it's existing user base. To say that there could be class action suit simply doesn't make sense. For what I ask? Every company I know offers upgraded, updated, more feature rich models, which is what keeps these companies in business. Car companies do it every year, and so do electronic and software companies on a more regular basis.
    shf
    Originally posted by illdefined
    if the 610 comes out for a similar price of something clearly inferior they only started selling 2 months ago...there will be many a customer who felt mislead by a desperate handspring. watch it happen if the 610 comes out without a very appeasing upgrade path
    You kidding me? People update their products frequently all the time. Look at Sony!
    http://www.firstadopter.com - where early adopters discuss great stuff first
    of course guys but 3mths?? thats extreme. if HS has it, they better sit on it for at least 6 mths or offer a nice upgrade path.
    That's ok, by the time they release it, it will probably take at least 6 months to actually have them available anyway.
    RayUSA

"The future will be better tomorrow."
    - Dan Quayle
    If you compare the "Product Details" for the Treo 610 vs the Treo 600 on the bargain PDA site, note that they are exactly the same (including screen resolution). Perhaps the 610 only has added Bluetooth and more memory...
    in the phone industry this happens weekly, in the computer industry daily. I don't see how they could get punished? Especially if the T610 is offically released by Tmobile (It won't be I assure you, business customers already have T600's in hand) but I still don't believe they will get into any kind of trouble unless they discontinue the T600 line.

As for the T610 can ANYONE find any information about it OTHER then the BargainPDA.com link? I just google searched for it and found about 60,000 entries and as far as I can tell they are all just repeating what BargainPDA said
    Is this article true about a Treo 610? The article is being referenced in message boards across the internet. This particular link has received over 5000 hits. I look forward to hearing back from you promptly.

http://www.bargainpda.com/price/def....ay=priceDetail

Dear XXXX XXXXXXX,

Thank you for contacting palmOne.

Pa1mOne's policy is not to pre-announce products. For the latest news, you can visit our web site at www.handspring.com. In addition, you can sign-up for our e-newsletter to receive the latest information about our products and promotions.

Thank You,
    Mona
    palmOne Customer Care