Does anyone know if the T600 for T-Mobile (which to date is but a figment of my imagination) will be locked for the T-Mobile network only? Or will it be unlocked like the Cingular model?

Same question for the T600 for AT&T; is it locked for the AT&T network?
    Originally posted by dubz
    Does anyone know if the T600 for T-Mobile (which to date is but a figment of my imagination) will be locked for the T-Mobile network only? Or will it be unlocked like the Cingular model?

Same question for the T600 for AT&T; is it locked for the AT&T network?
    att is locked.

we assume t-mo will also be locked. ppl who have received it (a handful) have benn able to test if it is or if it isn't.

apparently though, the early version have no t-mo logos. or graphics.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I TMO T600 on order as a business account. How do you know if it's locked or not?
    Originally posted by sneakersteve
    I TMO T600 on order as a business account. How do you know if it's locked or not?
    stick a sim from another carrier. if you can use the phone, it isn't locked to the specific carrier.

so far only the cingular phone sold by US carriers has been shown to be unlocked.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Will TMO unlock a phone if requested?
    Originally posted by sneakersteve
    I am a TMO customer and they've always claimed they will (though some people have said they will only do so after 90 days, which I was never told of the couple of times I asked. Of course, whenever I asked about it I'd already been a customer far longer than 90 days so they might not have said anything since it didn't apply to me).

If you look around the forums, there is also information on how to unlock the phone yourself. But if your carrier (such as TMO) is already willing to unlock for you then this option is not necessary or recommended, since it'd probably void all warranties etc.
    Is there an echo in here?

Since apparently it seems you didn't like my answer stating that yes, they say they will unlock phones when requested, here are plenty of other threads that claim the same thing.

Here's one:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...le+unlock.html

I'm sure a search would turn up a lot more.